Kaiserthermen

Trier, Germany

Kaiserthermen Trier Reviews

Suusj Suusj
Kaiserthermen Nov 20, 2010
WOW!! In one word Amazing.

I didn't know this about Germany!

There is this hughe Roman thermen complex where you can wander and remenis about the old days.

It really gave me a special feeling when I was walking there.

It was so pretty and had such a great vibe it's hard to explain :) But just watch the pictures, they tell it al.

Besides that there is a small museum where you can buy the tickets and see some historic stuff about the Kaiserthermen.

There is also a watch tower where you can overview the whole Kaiserthermen.

We bought a combi ticket. That costed 8 euro per erson. It gives you the righ to visit 6 different thing. All for 8 euro! I consider that verry cheap!

The combi ticket gives you permision to see:

The Amphitheater

The Porta Nigra

The Kaiserthermen

The Viehmarktthermen

Klause Kastel-Staatd (that's in Saarburg)

Rom. Villa Otrang (that's in Bitburg)
Kaiserthermen Trier
Kaiserthermen Trier. It's me, a b…
Pearl510 Pearl510
Were Romans were bathing in luxury Jul 05, 1996
The Kaiserthermen are an old Roman Thermal complex. It could be compared to an Haman, or our modern sauna's. And in fact, modern is exactly what this building was.

As old as 17 centuries, this complex had baths of different temperatures, from cold to hot. The underground maze of passages and heating ovens was superb and worked perfectly.

Although it are the underground area's that are preserved best, the hot water bathing area is most notable, as these are the only walls that are still standing.

This monumental building had all comfort one could ask for, and was very luxurious. Floors were heated, walls were covered by marble and mosaic, rooms were decorated by paintings and sculptures. No wonder these remains are on the Unesco list of inheritance.

It is though a real pity that no more of it was preserved. Of all the splendor I described above, hardly anything is seen today. One can only imagine the beauty the Kaiserthermen must have displayed, as it is all gone. Yet they are still a remarkable place, that tells us more about Roman culture and history. I think they are definitely worth a visit when in Trier.

Related Travel Blogs About Kaiserthermen

A day filled with sun and ruines
The second day of the trip was dedicated to the lovely city of Trier. Today we had a visit planned to the Rheinisches Landes Museum, and the Roman excavations in Trier. And of course a lot of walking…Kaiserthermen, the large baths of Trier, the amfitheater, the Basilica and the Porta Nigra. After diner we had an evening…
Doing it like the Romans do
Still raining, but I had to get away for a day or two and enjoy new scenery and culture.  I headed to the ancient city of Trier.  Once known as Augusta Treverorum, it was founded around 16B…Trier .   The express passes by the famous Kaiserthermen , the roman baths erected by Constantin the great roughly 2000 years…

Check Trier Hotel Deals