Kailua Beach Vacation Accommodations

Kailua, Hawaii
www.hawaiibestrentals.com/in… - Phone: (808) 262-5409, Toll-free: (800) 484-1036-7912,

Kailua Beach Vacation Accommodations Reviews

aerynn aerynn
Beautiful oceanfront privately owned Kailua vacation rental Aug 08, 2009
For an ocean front rental in Kailua or Lanikai, you will probably not find a better deal. Believe me, I looked.

When planning this vacation, I wanted to stay somewhere romantic, private, somewhere I could cook a little bit, look at the ocean, step onto the beach, and enjoy the company of a special someone. This rental met all my needs.

The owners have a property at Lanikai Beach, which is probably my favourite beach on Oahu, however it is not oceanfront. We opted to stay at their Kailua beach oceanfront property, in "Studio I".

I was initially skeptical about privacy, as owner resides in the same building. However, she was extremely respectful of our privacy, and the house was quiet and peaceful during our three-night stay. She was also very accommodating, asked us to call or ring the doorbell if we had questions, and over all was a very wonderful host!

Our studio apartment was upstairs, above the garage. We had our own patio, with a gorgeous ocean view. The owner loaned us an electric garage door opener, and we were granted a spot for our rental car in the garage.

The studio was equipped with a mini-fridge, coffee maker, blender, hot plate, sink, dish drain, and of course dishes and utensils. Missing were napkins and dish soap, so we picked those up at the grocery.

The bathroom as well as the whole apartment was very clean. The size was comfortable. They offered wireless internet, however, we discovered that internet would not work for us. Upon inquiry, our host told us that for some reason it would never work with Apple computers. We ended up having to go to a local coffee shop to access internet for work, but it was such a nice excursion that we felt it was a very minor inconvenience. In any case, be warned that the wireless doesn't work for Apple computers.

In the garage there was an array of beach gear that we were given access to. The beach was not the best for swimming, but it was very sandy and I felt safe enough swimming there.

The unit did not advertise having air conditioning, but there was an air conditioning unit, which we were happy to use when we noticed that the ceiling fans would only operate on the 'low' setting. We only needed the air con on the first day, however. After that, the weather cooled a bit, and the ocean breezes were sufficient to keep a perfect temperature. Listening to the waves as I fell asleep each night was magical.
View from the lanai of studio 'I' …
Studio 'I'