Kaikoura Winery

140 SH1, Kaikoura, New Zealand

Kaikoura Winery Reviews

LGHoosier LGHoosier
Winery with the Best View in the World Apr 05, 2009
I'm not a wine connoisseur, but ended up at the Kaikoura Winery after my whale watching trip was postponed to the following morning. I had an afternoon free and was looking for something affordable to do in Kaikoura.

At the travel office I signed up for a winery tour and was picked up at my nearby hostel and taken by van to the winery just 5 minutes away.

I honestly think this has to be the winery with the best view in the world. The winery is small and there were only 2 other guests when I was there. The people working there made me feel very welcome and I was able to take my time tasting the wines while sitting out on the balcony over looking the bay and mountains.

I even saw a pod of dolphins swimming in the ocean from this view up on the cliff!

Related Travel Blogs About Kaikoura Winery

Five days caravaning at Kaikoura, New Zealand.
We had been planning our summer holiday for some time, carefully slotting it in between my taxi work and the work to come when our taxi driver friend will be in hospital, leaving his taxi in our care…Kaikoura Winery, I paid $4 for a complete tasting of all the varieties since I was not driving, and got rather…
Marlbourough Wine Region
We had booked a trip with the Marlbourough Sounds Wine tours which was collecting us a 10.30am - quite a late start for a day trip in comparison to all our other day trips to date! So we were able to…wineries before we head toward Kaikoura! Dinner was in Picton and then we went back to the hostel - cracked…
Coastal Drive
Up early, as a long drive ahead of us. Had our breakfast out on the veranda, the sun shining through the trees. It is a lovely hostel and we are sorry to be leaving. We aim to reach Oamaru by tonight…Kaikoura and Christchurch, we stopped at another winery and sat in the sun for a while. At about 5pm, we had had enough…

Check Kaikoura Hotel Deals