Kaffee Glockenspiel

0732 795399

Kaffee Glockenspiel Linz Reviews

novabelgica novabelg…
Beware! Jul 24, 2011
I don't like posting bad reviews about places because one person's experience is not another one's, and there is always the 'one bad day', but the way we were treated here has made me change my mind.

I won't go as far as saying this is a common practice in this place, but it is something that can happen to any of us.

This Kaffee is located on Linz's Hauptplatz and gets a fair share of clients, so much so that it can get quite hectic inside.

The place itself is nice and cosy and serves the famous Linzer Torte, which is the main reason (along with the bad weather) why we went in. I can tell you that you will not be disappointed about the Linzer Torte. It is GOOD!

Service is slow and chaotic, but with so many people walking in and out and tables so close to one another, I guess that is to be expected.

When we asked for the bill, which was 12,30 Euro, we paid with a 50 Euro bill, since we didn't have anything smaller.

We got 7,70 Euro back.

When we pointed out to the waitress we had given a 50 Euro bill, we were first ignored and then told that that wasn't possible. We insisted and went as far as going after the waitress who walked away, because she wouldn't hear of it. So we got the manager who told her to go check. She said we had given her 20 Euro instead of 50.

We were told to come back in an hour when her shift had ended and she would verify the cash she had in her wallet with the total bill the computer had calculated.

I guess we knew it was a waste of time, but 30 Euro is still a lot of money, so we walked around in the rain some more, getting grumpier with every passing minute.

When we returned to the Kaffee an hour later, we were kept waiting for quite a while, as the waitress took her time verifying everything and chatting with her co-workers, and then we were told that she was right and we were wrong and we could just piss off.

In the end, there was little we could do, but the attitude of the staff of this establishment was infuriating. We will never go here again.

Our experience shouldn't stop you from going to this place, but make sure you have exact change, so you won't get ripped off, like we were.
NJTProadcruiser says:
A balanced review :) ... Sorry to read about the payment issue :( After a situation at a bar here in NY, I only pay with amounts that are as close as possible to the amount due, in the event I only have a $20 and a drink is $5 I always say "twenty" and show the enlarged "twenty" dollar bill side when handing over the money, so far no problems ..
Posted on: Aug 03, 2011