Kiev, Ukraine
044 270 6505

Kaffa Kiev Reviews

akella akella
like it there Apr 11, 2011
really liked this place. It is hidden just at the center of Kiev. Nice and calm atmosphere. When i'm passing by i always try to get there, may be just for half an hour but still.
sarahsan sarahsan
The best coffee in Kiev Jun 01, 2010
After a morning of sight seeing I was ready for lunch. Since I was at the Maydan Nezalezhnosti (Independence square) I chose Kaffa which was right around the corner.

Kaffa serves coffee and tea from all over the world, but to my surprise no food. They do serve confectionery and biscuits to go with your tea or coffee though, but nothing which will fill you up. The coffee must be the most heart-pumping and rich tasting brew in town.

The place was nice and even though they did not have anything to eat I ordered a Caribbean cooled coffee. This was a coffee brewed with juicy pieces of citrus fruit served with ice cubes. I usually don´t drink coffee, but this was good stuff. When I finished the coffee my feet still needed a longer rest, so I tried the "Life Energy" tea (a mix of rooibos, apple bits, ginger and ginseng roots, lemon grass, cinnamon, black pepper and lemon peel) and coconut corals (delicate crisp coconut meringues).

Kaffa is smoke-free and has an African inspired interior with ethnic masks and leather. It´s a small place on two floors with a small outdoor terrace. The atmosphere is nice, but the staff and service are not. Service was slow and the staff all seemed to have a bad day. What a pity in such a lovely place. Despite the bad service and unpleasant staff I would return to Kaffa for their nice tea and coffee, which cost between 12-27 UAH (€1,25-2,85).

They would not let me take photos of the bar and café on the ground floor. The photos in this review are all taken upstairs.
Coffee restaurant "Kaffa"
Me at Kaffa
sarahsan says:
I believe the latter is the case Rudolph! They spoke so little English, there was no point for me to explain that I was going to recommend them on a website. They did not even understand when I asked if I could buy their tea to take home!
Posted on: Jun 06, 2010
Sweetski says:
You'd think the owners would be proud if someone thought the interior was nice enough to take picture of. But maybe they are still a bit paranoid from the more stringent communistic era? :)
Posted on: Jun 05, 2010