Kafe Kafka

www.kafka.no - +47 934 06 003

Kafe Kafka Bodo Reviews

sarahsan sarahsan
Not bad, but could be better! Aug 04, 2011
I was in Bodø and looking for a place to eat. "annthansten" had written a nice review of Kafé Kafka so I decided to try it.

Kafé Kafka is located in the very centre of town. The interior is trendy with a combination of new and old furniture. The café is on two levels and in various rooms with different styles. In the basement there is a pool table and WI-FI is free. There is also outdoor dining.

The menu offers sandwiches (club, beef etc), salads, soup, burgers (beef, fish, chicken), nachos, wok, pasta, wraps, cakes and desserts. They also have a good selection of coffee and tea drinks (with and without alcohol). They have full bar service and offer red wine (Italian, Spanish and Chilean) and white wine (French and German), beer and stronger liquor.

I ordered the Cajun chicken burger with potatoes and garlic dressing ($31) and a soft drink ($7). The chicken was tender and juicy, but had not much flavor to it. The cajun potatoes were lovely and so was the garlic dressing. Prices on the food were a bit over average, but drinks were average for Norway. Only the local beer (Nordlands) was less than I had expected (0,4l = $7 and 0,6l $13).

You order and pay by the counter, then they bring the food to your table. I had to ask the waitress to wipe off my table when she brought the food. It was sticky and had chocolate sauce on it. My burger was served quickly, but no one said "Bon appetit", nor did anyone asked me if I enjoyed the meal.

The boss was obviously upset since one of the kitchen staff had not showed up for work the previous day, nor had he answered the phone when they tried to call him. The boss was standing in the café when she called him again, the guy said that he had forgotten to go to work, he was fired over the phone. I understand that you need to be able to rely on your staff, but this was not a conversation which should have been shared with all the guests - very unprofessional!

I liked the interior of the café, except the plastic flowers on the tables, but the staff and the food was nothing more than average. Kafé Kafka is an okay place for lunch, just don´t expect great service.
The bar
sarahsan says:
Richard, there are not many places to choose between in Bodø. A bad live program or not, I will probably end up eating there again.
gimpel says:
Overprized, sticky table and a live program how to fire a staff member the wrong way, must be an exiting place......or not.
sarahsan says:
I agree Carlos, service was not at all impressive.
annthansten annthans…
Brown Oasis Jul 30, 2009
This is my favourite cafe of all times. No matter when or why I'm in Bodø, I always end up here at some point. Maybe because they cater to all my needs?

The food is priced on the cheaper side of average, but the amount and quality gives you great value for money, considering that this is a Norwegian city.

They also have cakes, cookies and other caloriebombs that go very well with your coffee. My friends say that they make a good Latte there, I wouldn't know since I always drink my coffee black, but the quality is still very good. Someone also mentioned that the Irish coffee had more Irish than Coffee in it ;)

And of course they serve Nordlandspils, the one and only pilsener in this region. And the prices are really not too bad either, especially not in a 0,6 liter glass ;)

But the best thing of all, is the totally free wireless internet connection. You can sit here and surf for hours, as long as you bring your own laptop.

Check Bodo Hotel Deals