Kafana Manjez

Svetozara Markovića 49, Belgrade, Serbia
011-362-1111
Kafana Manjez - The local Serbian Foie gras; pate guscija dzigerica.
Kafana Manjez - Serbian Foie gras; pate guscija dzigerica.
Kafana Manjez - Inside the restaurant
Kafana Manjez - Chicken salad with some of the moist chicken I ever had; cezar sa piletinom
Kafana Manjez - A wonderful local pork dish with Kajmak sauce; a punjeni file kajmak
Kafana Manjez - The sign on the wall at the end of the house

Kafana Manjez Belgrade Reviews

Chokk Chokk
Great Serbian Food Aug 16, 2010
I wanted to taste some original Serbian cooking so I asked in the reception at the hotel where they already had showed enormous empathy. The quickly recommended that I should go to Manjez and so it had to be. It was an old restaurant; it had opened way back in 1936 and the interior was certainly from that time.

The restaurant was situated 15 min walk from the hotel but I took a taxi to be sure; I had a horrible time reading the road signs. The restaurant was situated on a corner with a nice outdoor service. I entered in a very dark room with dark wood and mirrors on the walls. The room was pretty high at least 4 meters with 5 old lamps with each 8 light bulbs in the ceiling. They had max 15 w each; there were no light at all except the candlelight’s on the table.

I looked at the menu and quickly decided for the local Serbian Foie gras; pate guscija dzigerica. It was served with toasted bread, jam as normal. The foie gras was great and really tasty; the jam was perfect, so I was quite pleased with my first dish. I took also a chicken salad with some of the moist chicken I ever had; cezar sa piletinom. The salad was huge almost too much, but who is a quitter; it tasted way too good.

As last year in Portugal I was misunderstood and the waiter came in with a wonderful local pork dish with Kajmak sauce; a punjeni file kajmak. I was full, but I had to try it. I didn’t manage much more than half and I was way over the top full. I ended with a double espresso and then the lights when out for me.

The food had been awesome and it was certainly a place I would love to visit again.
The local Serbian Foie gras; pate …
Serbian Foie gras; pate guscija dz…
Inside the restaurant
Chicken salad with some of the moi…

Check Belgrade Hotel Deals