Kabul

Check Barcelona Hotel Deals

Kabul Barcelona Reviews

TravellinChic Travelli…
Cheap accommodation for backpackers/students Apr 12, 2008
My classmates and I planned to go to Barcelona after we finished our masters in London. One of our classmate recommended that we stayed at Kabul hostel because its a very good place for students as most of the crowd will be students, it's dirt cheap and very centrally located. The 3 of us are all asians and female and first time in Spain so the "central location" appeals a lot to us esp bec we don't much time to do our own research as we were so busy with the masters. Also, this same classmate of ours already recommended a hostel to me in Berlin which turned out to be a good one so he earned my trust already on making recommendations :)

When I arrived in Barcelona, I just don't have any idea. I am alone as my friends we're just to arrive a few days after me. I'm scared bec it's already evening and don't know where to go and how far the hotel is. Fortunately, Kabul is really centrally located and people know Plaza real very well that just a few questions led me a to a brief walk to my accommodation.

There are many hostels in Plaza Real but Kabul has a large sign so it's easy to locate.

I have to take an elevator to go up and once there, they were able to check me in quite easily. I previously made my reservation for a sharing room for 1euro a few days prior to coming and luckily got a space :) They were quick to check me in, give me keys to my (shared) room and a closet which looked more like a vault :P

I am really not into hostels but my Berlin (first hostel) experience made me meet nice travelers who became good friends so I would like to give this also a try. The crowd here is younger than us as they are like in their teens..a lot in their early teens but it's ok bec we would rarely be in our accommodation and mostly out anyway. I was given bed sheet, and a blanket. I had to do the cover..something I needed to learn..I ddon't remember if I also did it in Berlin but it's ok..it's not rocket science! :P

When my friends came, on was lucky to be assigned to a separate room. It was quite full so we dont really have much choice..I would have preferred hers over mine even for a few more euros..esp bec it's still cheap! :P But what to do. It'sgood for her tho coz she brought a laptop where we downloaded all our photos and it's more secured bec she only share it with one more girl and I believe there was even a night or 2 when she was alone :) lucky her! :)

The good things I appreciate about this accommodation are:

1) so very cheap..i believe it was only 11euros for quad sharing room

2) the place is clean..the only time it wouldnt be is when you are sharing it with someone who isnt..whcih you could report and they will "transfer" the person somewhere else :)

3) check in is efficient and quick even when there are so many checking in :P

4) they have so many pamphlets to be easily picked up by guests near the check-in counter and they are useful e.g. maps, invites to clubs, luggage tags, etc :)

5) They have FREE dinner!!! It's serve sometime starting around 6pm and given away for free till it's gone :) We never tried it bec we would like to pay for our dinner :P hehehe..actually we just want to be sure we really enjoy it since we are not on very tight budget and staying in hostel is more of a challenging experience for us..getting out of our comfort zones which we could only do at that time and most likely never again :)

6) they have a communal place for people to use free internet with some PC units available, electric outlets for laptops, and even mobile phone chargers! Very very useful and convenient :)

7) central location so we could easily walk to las ramblas and go around fatrther :)

8) plaza real has lots of restaurants to choose from and we tried several of them but the best and even the least expensive is the one with the longest queue :) People are queueing even in the rain! and they are like a hundred! oh dear! you have to queue very early..like 5.30pm maybe :) but it's definitely worth the visit. i'll write aout it on a separate review once I check out the correct name :)

9) There is a pool table where you could play inside the hostel.

10) The staff are friendly and the crowd is comfortable as they are high school student and usually still harmless kids :P
common area for kabul guests
pictures hanging on the walls of K…
pool table in Kabul
Thanks!
Posted on: Jul 09, 2010
ames147 ames147
Feb 08, 2008
This hostel is truly something special. My sister had recommended it to me, so I took her word on it. To start, it’s in a great location. Just about a 10 minute walk from the piers, and then just a few more minutes down to the beach. Les Rambles, a busy central street is just outside the hostel building where you can find performers and shops. You have to go to the giant market, Mercat de la Boquería, which has fresh produce – anything you can imagine! Try the fresh fruit juices – amazing combinations for just 1 euro! Even though the hostel has a central location, it’s slightly tucked away in a little courtyard, so perfect!

The rooms and showers were clean, and there is a convenient locker system. The hostel is open 24 hours so you don’t have to worry about curfew. There is a free breakfast every day. There is a free dinner every night as well, but I’d recommend eating out instead.

The people I met here are truly fabulous. People from all over the world. Everyone is open-minded and up for adventure. Mostly young people 18-mid twenties, however there is no age limit.

If you are going to Barcelona on a budget, STAY HERE!!!!

Related Travel Blogs About Kabul

Sightseeing + night with Marcus!
I did some sightseeing with Delphine in the day. Went to Park Guell, after which we walked the "touristy route" back to our hostel, passing by some attractions. We also had paella…Kabul to hang out at the common area. Oh btw, the people in KFC were really rude, it makes me dislike Barcelona

Check Barcelona Hotel Deals