Kabouterhut

033 461 9092

Kabouterhut Amersfoort Reviews

Suusj Suusj
Where not to eat Feb 19, 2016
After our visit to the zoo of Amersfoort we decided it would be a good idea to end the day and our holiday as a group. Restaurant de Kabouterhut is located just outside the zoo. A 5 minute walk tops.

It specializes in pancakes and chicken recipes as the menu says.

Let's start with the place. It is humongous... Like a giant feast for families. The acoustic was the worst as it sounded like we were in a giant echo location.

It started quit nice. As the kids got some crayons and paper and a little kabouter (goblin) to play with. After ordering our food we waited for over an hour (with tired kids yes it was a whole lot of fun...). And then the food arrived and it was just... How do I put it. Not quit right... My pancake was dry the husbands food was ok but nothing special.

The dessert was even worse. I ordered a waffle with fruit and whipped cream. The whipped cream looked like it was made out of butter it was just that hard. And the waffle was dry and tasteless.

There is a play area for the little ones. That made it a little bit better. The kids played there for a bit which was nice for them. They also enjoyed their food way more then we did. But overall I would never ever go back here.

I'm not a person to complain easily I always try to make the best out of not so great situations but this place was to far gone (o yes, a twd reference right there)

So nog I would not go back here, I do not recommend this and I would highly suggest anyone and everyone to go eat somewhere else. There is probably a trashcan nearby...
Ils1976 says: