Kababji Grill

1351 Connecticut Avenue Northwest, Washington, DC, USA
www.kababji.com - (202) 822-8999
Kababji Grill - My meal (Tenderloin cubes filet served with grilled vegetables, rice and seasoned Lebanese bread)
Kababji Grill - Kababji Grill restaurant front
Kababji Grill - Kababji Grill interior
Kababji Grill - Menu II
Kababji Grill - Menu I
Kababji Grill - Menu III

Kababji Grill Washington Reviews

spocklogic spocklog…
Lebanese Restaurant in Washington, DC Nov 06, 2010
This restaurant in Washington, DC is located on Connecticut Avenue close to Dupont Circle. As I was staying at a hotel nearby, I decided to give it a try one evening since I had never tried Lebanese food before. The restaurant itself is decorated very nicely, although a bit dark inside perhaps. Nevertheless, it makes for an intimate setting and dining experience in that regard. The staff seemed friendly enough and attentive. The orange brick charcoal grill is especially nice and apparently imported from Lebanon for some authenticity.

Regarding the food, I had the Tenderloin Cubes Filet Shish Kabab (Cubes of marinated beef paired with Vidalia onions). All entrees are served with grilled vegetables, rice and seasoned Lebanese bread. The beef was excellent, though maybe just a tad overdone. The rest of it as well was just a bit on the dry side. I suspect it was probably cooked correctly in the kitchen and then maybe sat under a warming area for a while until it was delivered to my table. Just my impression as it didn't seem 'hot off the stove', so to speak, and everything was uniformly warm, but slightly dried out too.

It's just a pet peeve of mine and I don't like my food sitting around for a while before it is delivered to my table. I had no issues with the taste and everything on the plate was good. I can recommend the place for taste and ambiance, but downgraded it to three stars because my meal was a bit dry and uniformly warm from sitting around. I understand restaurants get busy, but when I pay good money for for a meal I expect it to be brought out to me when it's done being prepared and not some period of time later having been kept warm and drying it out some. I did complain about it a little in a good natured way and hope they took it to heart.
Kababji Grill restaurant front
Kababji Grill interior
My meal (Tenderloin cubes filet se…
Menu I
bigmac993 says:
Congrats on your featured review!
Posted on: Jan 31, 2013
ilserita says:
Congrats on your feature!!
Posted on: Jan 30, 2013