Kaani Lodge

Kaani Lodge Rates and Deals

Kaani Lodge Male Reviews

gingerbatik gingerba…
Dirty Little Hotel near airport ferry Mar 12, 2014
The hotel located close to Male harbor, probably 3 minutes’ walk from the harbor and it is easy to find. It seems people in Male knows this place and can point straight how to go there. Hotel location is in a small alley way behind a tall white and blue building. There is a hotel sign outside the building.

The reception did not speak much nor smile when I check in, he only asked for my passport to photocopy and then asked for payment immediately (I booked the hotel through booking.com). The room price include breakfast. It cost usd 50 + 10% service charge + 8% government tax + usd 8 per person city tax. So total cost is usd 60 per night for double bed private en suite for single use.

I have a twin room on the second floor right in the middle of the building with a window facing the small area which has a whole air condition of the whole building. So it was very noisy during day and night time and no view toward the street.

The room itself is very basic with dirty wall on each of the four corner, no desk or chairs inside the room. However there is one cupboard put against the room door. If you open the cupboard door, you would not able to open the room door.

The bed sheet is yellowish looking and the blanket looks dirty. There is no other bed sheet in between the blanket and I request extra bed sheet for this.

I see a lot of small insect or baby cockroach run freely in the bed. So I have to clean the whole bed sheet and kill those insects before retire for the night.

If those insect still run around during night time I would not have a clue since I was very tired after a long flight and unable to sleep the night before fly.

Breakfast serve at fifth floor from 7.00 am to 10.00 am, and there is no elevator in this hotel. The staircase is very narrow and needs to climb slowly. When I reached the fifth floor, nobody there and I waited for while but still no staff show up, so I go down again to my room and I met the staff who supposedly serve breakfast at the third floor and he asked if I want breakfast. After that I go up again to have breakfast.

Breakfast is very simple, only a coule pieces of toast, a fried eggs, a couple of fried sausages, butter and jam. Not much to look forward for and sausage was tasteless.

There is an internet connection but only available in the lobby area and the connection is quite slow. The lobby is quite hot and plenty of mosquito.

The hotel provide free luggage service if you need to leave a bag before your flight time. I leave my bag at the hotel and explore the city in the morning, since my ferry to the island leave at 3pm.
bedroom
wardrobe against the bathroom and …
bathroom
reception area
Ils1976 says:
that's not good at all ... talking about the same experience! :D
Posted on: Mar 19, 2014
gingerbatik says:
yes Bill, it was yuck
Posted on: Mar 18, 2014
Zagnut66 says:
Cockroaches in the bed? Yuck!
Posted on: Mar 18, 2014
tj1777 tj1777
Kaani Lodge Apr 01, 2012
Kaani Lodge is a small hotel with about 12 rooms located in a small alley called Kaani Grohni so I guess the lodge is named after the street name. The hotel is pretty close to the jetty for the airport ferry in Male. Even with the warm temperature in and around Male the walk to and from the jetty is so short it’s not getting too uncomfortable walking with a backpack.

There is no lift up to the rooms so you have to make your way up and down the narrow stair along with your luggage. Fortunately for me my room was on the first floor so I had no trouble getting up and down to the room.

The rooms are a bit small but they do have a couple of beds, a small table with a not so stylish plastic chair and a flat screen television - of course there are also an air-condition which like always is set for 17 degrees. I never get this who wants to stay inside a room at 17 degrees? I mean even at home during the worst winters I got a higher indoor temperature than 17. At least you can adjust the aircon yourself so it is on a more reasonable temperature. The aircon is shot off when you pull the keycard from the light switch so the room will be nice and warm when you return from a trip out to the city. There is a small window in the room as well but the view from the room isn’t great so I didn’t waste much time glancing out the window.

The plugs in the room is a three pin plug - but not the usual UK three pin plug but some strange South Asian variety which seems to be used here in Male and in Sri Lanka and possibly other places in the area. But there are one converter plug which can be used both if you got a British three pin plug or a standard European plug.

There is no internet in the rooms but there is free wi-fi down in the lobby so you can go down there and surf the web if you like to. Unfortunately there are no usable plugs down there to recharge your laptop so you need it fairly charge before heading downstairs.

In the morning there is a free breakfast up on the roof top of the building of the hotel. From up there you can just see the water over the top of the other houses in the area. The breakfast is a basic western breakfast with a bit of scrambled eggs, toast and jam plus coffee.

Before leaving I made a reservation for when I would get back from my one week dive trip. But here something went wrong and when I got back I was told they had never received my reservation which I thought was pretty unprofessional of the hotel staff. When I got back and tried to sort things out the hotel staff wasn’t all that helpful and would phone the next hotel for me - but at least said I could leave my backs while I was searching for another place to stay.
The room
The bathroom
View from the window
The view from the roof terrace - y…
monky says:
Congrats on another feature Mickey! happy weekend:)
Africancrab says:
Congrats on the feature Mickey
tour_guy says:
Congrats on today's review feature!

Kaani Lodge Overview

Kaani Lodge provides accommodation for business travelers and tourists in the capital island Malé conveniently located just 5 minutes walk from the main tourist jetty and offers comfortable rooms with reasonable rates.

Kaani Lodge comprises of 12 rooms with modern amenities, a selection of facilities and a variety of offers for its clients to further enjoy their stay in the Maldives.

From Airport it takes around 10 minutes by boat to the capital Male’ jetty and further minutes of walk, will drop you in Kaani Lodge.

The hotel mostly fits for the business travelers within Male’ or close by islands or for a stop over from and to your dream vacation in the tropical paradise.

Room categories available are Super Deluxe and Deluxe Rooms. All rooms are air-conditioned, and have windows for natural ventilation.

All rooms have attached bathrooms. Standard facilities are available in all the rooms, including; LCD Television with most favourite Satellite channels, WIFI internet access, hot & cold showers, and bathroom amenities.

Kaani Lodge Amenities

• Room Service
  • High-speed Internet
  • Air Conditioned
  • Currency Exchange
  • Cable / Satellite TV
  • TV
  • Internet Connection (wireless)
  • Shower