KOA

Check Limon Hotel Deals

KOA Limon Reviews

drew0890 drew0890
Typical KOA in a convenient location Jul 13, 2011
Pros:Convenient location, clean facilities, amenities, friendly staff, free wireless internet

Cons: Quality of individual sites.

I tent-camped at the KOA in Limon, Colorado. It was raining heavily the evening I arrived, so the site I was assigned was quite muddy. Fortunately, the tent sites have raised sand/rock areas so that tents do not flood or get overly dirty. The parking spot, however was grass - at least at one time. I drove up to find deep, water-filled ruts in the driveway. I parked at an angle to prevent becoming stuck. A small investment in gravel would make their campers' experiences much better.

Despite the mud, my overall experience was good, and I would stay there again. Why? CLEAN FACILITIES! The shower-house/restroom was very clean, despite the muddy grounds.

Also, there were plenty of amenities. Campers have the option of staying in cabins. There is a game room. Free wi-fi is offered throughout the campground. Breakfast is served every morning for the extremely low fee of $4.50!

I find KOA's tent-site rates extremely high. I continue to stay at KOA locations because they are safe and offer amenities many other campgrounds do not. $28 for a site with no hookups is unreasonable in my opinion - especially when a site with hookups can be reserved for only a couple dollars more. For this reason, I give this site a "below average" value rating. It is average for a KOA, but below average compared to other campsites.

Check Limon Hotel Deals