KEX Hostel

Check Reykjavik Hotel Deals

KEX Hostel Reykjavik Reviews

huibdos huibdos
Room with a view May 03, 2013
Big hostel, lots of rooms, lots of people.

Free wifi (is a must nowadays)

Reception crew very good, helpfull, cool(= multitasking without problems)

Equipped with large bar area.

Friendly bar personnell, special furniture: tables made from sewing machine subframes (good detail!).

Good breakfast, not overcrowded.

(Taste the porridge: Hafragrautur with some extra Sugar)

Room: large room, high ceiling, lockers for every bed.

View from our room on the viking ship monument :)

Bed: 90x200cm, thick mattress, head cushion could be better. Cover very thick (no second cover needed, pffft)

Location: close to the city centre

Car drivers: payed parking from 10.00-18.00h, not expensive.

Recommended hostel, will be booking this next visit.
Less than half our room
Breakfast
Breakfast buffet
travel154 travel154
Popular, fun, and affordable hostel. Aug 25, 2011
This hostel, a renovated biscuit factory, just opened in May 2011. It is a 138 bed dormitory style hostel. The beds are brand new and very comfortable.

Location: Looking out from the lobby windows is a breathtaking view of the bay. A couple blocks away is the main street of downtown and also a grocery store where you can buy your own food to cook at the hostel (major savings - dining out is expensive).

KEX goes out of their way to make it a friendly place to be. They will also book any day excursions for you. I went there without any plans, so I was pleasantly surprised with the outcome.

I have very positive memories of my stay at KEX, and in Iceland in general. Highly recommended!
txstormlover says:
thanks so much for the review. did they pick you up from the airport or did you rent a car? would you be willing to tell me what you paid for the hostel and excusions? Now I wished that I would have bit the bullet and met up with you. please keep me in mind if you need a travel buddy in the future. bren
Posted on: Sep 06, 2011
travel154 travel154
Affordable fun hostel near the action Aug 21, 2011
Brand new hostel created from a former biscuit factory - unique eclectic decor. A popular social hostel, it had me feeling comfortable as a solo traveler. I was able to connect with other international travelers to embark on day trips. Friendly helpful staff assisted you with bookings. Any maintenance issues were also immediately tended to. This place was feeling like home. I highly recommend.

Check Reykjavik Hotel Deals