Just Good Food

La Fortuna, Costa Rica

Just Good Food La Fortuna Reviews

DanielCalifornia DanielCa…
The only choice for your first stop in La Fortuna Aug 22, 2012
This should be your absolute first stop when you travel to La Fortuna. Putting aside the good food, the owner and his son are the best stop for information about the town that you can get. The owner 'Mike' moved here from New Jersey a little while ago and bought this restaurant. He knows the ins and outs of this place, and anything that he doesn't know he'll find out for you. My brother and I did loads of research before we came but we didn't find out on 10th of the information that we did sitting down with Mike for 20 minutes.

He is super willing to talk and let you know anything that you want to know. He also can sell you tours if you would like, at the cheapest prices we could find. Way cheaper than the actual places you will go on the tours, and still cheaper than the local shops. He tells you straight out that he only charges 2 or 3 dollars on top of the price it costs him. He also guarantees all of the tours, which is very nice for the common traveler on a budget.

All of the good practices and friendliness he shares with you caries on to his restaurant. Last time I was there I got a personal 8" pizza with whatever toppings that I wanted for only 1000 of the local currency (roughly 2 U.S. Dollars). Even more amazing that the good food and great prices I watched in amazement a situation that occurred with a possible customer. I was sitting eating and a gentleman with his family came up and took a look at the menu.

Mike greeted him, and the man asked if he served shrimp. Mike replied that he didn’t, but if he wanted to wait he would go get some and cook them for him, but warned that they would be frozen. The man said no thank you, and said it was ok. Then instead of ending the conversation Mike went on to tell this man where the three restaurants where in walking distance that served shrimp. He could have simply let these folks walk in and be unsatisfied, but he was more concerned with their happiness. Need I say more?

It is not that often that I offer a perfect rating, but in this situation I truly wish that there were more stars. Just Good Food offers authentic Costa Rican, American comfort and a few other selections. Their claim to fame, and my personal favorite is their pizzas. We are talking about great pizzas made from scratch at a small fraction of the price you would pay in the States.

Bravo Mike, Perfect Score.

Check La Fortuna Hotel Deals