Jurys Inn Southampton

Jurys Inn Southampton Rates and Deals

Jurys Inn Southampton Reviews

monkeymia79 monkeymi…
Single traveller, short stay. Apr 01, 2012
As I was due to sail from Southampton on my cruise, I wanted to find accommodation that was located for easy access to the city centre as well as the cruise terminal.

After research, I chose the Jurys Inn Southampton.

Check in went well and upon arrival in my room, I was very satisfied.

As a single traveler, the double bed room was very spacious and I was very happy to see a bath in the bathroom. After a week of showers in London, it was lovely to be able to relax in the bath.

The hotel is located across from a garden so the views are spectacular and an easy walk to the city centre.

On my first night there, I went to dine in the Inntro Bar restaurant. However due to kitchen issues (oven issues I think) service was very delayed.

I ordered a Greek Salad for a main and Sticky Date pudding for dessert. I had to wait 2 hours for these to arrive.

In that time many of the other diners asked for refunds and left however I declined the refund when offered and chose to wait.

When the salad did arrive, it wasn't the best however I was hungry so ate it. The dessert was very good though.

On my second night there I went to the main dining room and had Seasonal Fish Pie followed by Berry and Vanilla Crème Brulee. I could not fault the service here or the food, it was very good (and a bargain at 15.95 pounds for 2 courses.)

I decided to have a quiet day in on the second day of my stay, relaxing and reading. However during the day the fire alarm went off and the fire doors closed.

When I rang the front desk I was informed it was a practice drill, I think it would have been better to inform guests of this as it did frighten me.

I enjoyed my stay at the Jurys Inn and wouldn't hesitate to recommend this hotel to other travelers.

Jurys Inn Southampton Overview

Located in the heart of city center, the Jurys Southampton is the largest hotel in Southampton, boasting 257 guestrooms, many of which overlook the city’s East Park. Many local conveniences and attractions are just steps away, including the central rail station, City Art Gallery and the Mayflower Theatre. The Jurys Inn Southampton’s convenient city location provides a variety of transportation options for its guests, including taxi service on the main concourse, and easy walking access to the train station, which provides service to the Southampton International Airport. The city’s bus, cruise and ferry terminals are also within convenient reach.

Guestrooms at the Jurys in Southampton offer contemporary décor, satellite television with in-room movies, high-speed Internet access, coffee and tea making facilities and direct-dial telephones with voicemail service.

Built in 2005, the Jurys Inn Southampton is a large modern structure located in the center of bustling Southampton, offering guests many modern amenities to make their stay, whether for business or pleasure, comfortable and enjoyable. The hotel features ten meeting rooms, a coffee bar, cocktail lounge and restaurant, Wi-Fi access, valet laundry service, currency exchange and 24-hour guest service.

Jurys Inn Amenities

• Audio/Visual Equipment
  • Disabled Accessible Rooms
  • Disabled Parking
  • Wheel Chair Access
  • Internet Connection (wireless)
  • Shower