Jurys Hotel Cardiff London

Check Cardiff Hotel Deals

Jurys Hotel Cardiff London Reviews

dougal dougal
Apr 03, 2007
The Jurys hotel is slap-bang in the middle of Cardiff about five minutes walk from the train station. Surrounded at by numerous other hotels it's overlooked at the back by the impressive Millennium Stadium and faces an exhibition hall at the front.

The main part of the hotel seems like a pretty old building but the front area that holds the reception is obviously a later addition. It consists of a huge atrium which looks to have enclosed what was once a courtyard which means that the windows of some of the rooms actually look out into reception rather than outside. This was the case with my room and I found that quite cool although it's probably best to remember to shut the curtains in an evening.

Room: Large enough with modern furnishings. Came equipped with a large flat screen TV (limited channels though it did include three Sky sports ones), a radio and CD player, a couple of comfy chairs and a desk. The air-con was a bit noisy during the night though.

Bed: very large, comfy, warm and plenty of thick pillows.

Bathroom: Shower, bath and sink. Plenty of soap, shampoo etc.

Food: Has it's own Irish theme pub as we'll as a restaurant. Breakfast was plentiful and decent quality. Drinks in the pub were a bit expensive for my tastes though.
sunsetrosebud says:
I once lived in a house that had a window in the upstairs bedroom closet. I loved that window. I had a little place to sit in the closet and could look out the window. I would hide in there so no one knew where I was.
Posted on: Apr 28, 2007