Jupiter Hotel Amsterdam

Jupiter Hotel Amsterdam Rates and Deals

Jupiter Hotel Amsterdam Reviews

Chokk Chokk
Cozy and close to the city centre Apr 28, 2010
I was going to spend two nights in the party Metropol of Amsterdam around the Queens Day and I had been looking for a hotel in the centre of the city without being in the inner ring. My choice had been fallen the Jupiter Hotel.

I arrived late afternoon the day before Queens Night and the city was already getting prepared for the party to come. The hotel was situated in a quiet one way street and I was able to get a parking space almost in front of the hotel. I later found out why that was so easy; it was terrible expensive around 35 euro´s a day but the biggest problem was to retrieve the coins to fill in the meter. There were no shops that were willing to exchange to coins and even the banks refused, and the meters didn’t take credit cards!!

The hotel looked really nice and cosy from the outside and the reviews had been nice as well. As I entered I was greeted by a pumped up Dutch woman behind the bar; she was talking on the phone while she was studying her long artificial nails. She was brown as after a 3 months stay in the Caribbean’s but my guess was that there were a lot of plastic sun in that tan. She was friendly and gave me a very thorough explanation about the rules of the hotel; like I looked like a trouble maker. She wanted the payment up front but she didn’t take credit cards so I had to come back later to pay her which was no problem for her.

Apparently the hotel consisted of two buildings and she almost took me by the hand as I was a child and guided me to the next door entrance. The whole front of the hotel were made pretty cosy with flowers everywhere; well I was also in Holland, but we had to walk over some garden hoses before getting in to the small hall of the next building. The elevator was the most narrow I had seen in ages but it took me to the top floor where I had gotten my room. I could imagine that it would be a bottleneck some mornings, because the stairs were not much better; they were narrow and very steep.

The room was small but quite nice; the flower concept continued inside the room and there were small items of decoration everywhere. I had booked a double room which I almost always do if I travel alone but the room was to my taste too small for being that. You would have problem fitting the luggage.

The bed was a queen size one, squeezed in the corner in front of the windows. The room was very light because it was on the top floor and there were windows in the whole lengths of the room even though that was not much. The toilet was also small but what could you expect in an old Dutch house.
The room
The bathroom
The bed
The street of the hotel
Tinktinkie says:
Thanks for the great review!
Posted on: Jul 09, 2010
Glynnes says:
Informative review and photos.
Posted on: Jul 09, 2010
delft63 delft63
excellent solo travellers hotel in amsterdam Dec 08, 2010
When I go to Amsterdam solo, I always book at the Hotel Jupiter. Hotel Jupiter offers a traveller safe quiet accomodation in Amsterdam only a five minute walk to the Leidseplein.

My room was incredibly small(enough for a bed

walkway and a suitcase. The washroom however

was full size equipped modern shower and toilet.

Please note I asked for the smallest and most affordable room.

A breakfast was served each morning of fruit, cereal, breads and spreads, ham (sliced) and

hard boiled eggs. Coffee and tea included.

This great day starter was included in the room rate.

The room was kept clean, when I needed directions or help the owner was always eager to help.

Jupiter Hotel Amsterdam Overview

Situated in a superb location in this modern European capital, the affordable Jupiter Hotel offers convenient accommodation in downtown Amsterdam, within easy reach of all the city's major tourist attractions, trendy restaurants and lively nightlife venues. This small and friendly hotel is the perfect accommodation for single travelers, couples, and group of friends traveling on a budget. Situated also very close to Amsterdam's tram lines and just in front of the Connexxion Schiphol Airport pickup shuttle service, the Jupiter Hotel offers the best location for a comfortable vacation right in the heart of Amsterdam. On-site guest amenities at the Jupiter Hotel include Internet access at the reception, a cosy breakfast room and a 24 hour reception. The Van Gogh Museum, the Rijksmuseum where you can see Rembrandt's paintings and etches, and the most famous Anne Frank's House are all situated withing comfortable walking distance of the hotel.

Jupiter Hotel Amenities

• TV
  • Excursions
  • Garden
  • Facsimile
  • Internet Connection (wireless)
  • Luggage Storage