Jupiler Café

03 89 24 46 11

Jupiler Café Colmar Reviews

FoxyFauz FoxyFauz
Simple & quick meal with huge portion Mar 08, 2014
We were looking for a place to eat for dinner and had checked out several places before finally deciding for this one. The town was packed with tourists since it was Xmas day so getting a restaurant at dinner time is pretty tricky since no reservation was allowed at any restaurant during this period.

We decided to have an early dinner to avoid the huge crowd & secure a table even though I was not very hungry. I also have a sensitive tummy so no skipping of meals for me.

So we both ordered a snitzel set which comes with salad & fries. As usual, they always serve us bread before our meal & i always make the stupid mistake of eating the bread since I love bread!! I also tried the special Hoegaarden beer (I cant remember the name since I dont normally drink Hoegarden) which the cute waiter (he reminds me Fernando Morientes - those who are familiar with Spanish La Liga will know) recommended, i regretted it. Boy the serving was huge!! We both could not finish the food, let alone ask for desert!

Ambience wise, it looks like a typical cafe with a bar & plenty seating options, a television which was playing serious retro stuff (I come to conclusion that people of Colmar love Retro and I mean the 70s retro not the 80s!), the waiters are efficient (and I m not being bias just becos the waiter is cute) - i meant it as they take your orders fast, attend to you fast, clear the tables fast and can speak some English.
Me @ Jupiler Cafe
Snitzel set @ Jupiler Cafe
shollenc says:
I am looking for any activities for the non-skier in Val d'Isère, France, tperhaps to take bus or train to visit for a day's excursion. Please advise.
Posted on: Mar 08, 2014