Galärvarvsvägen 115 21 , Stockholm, Sweden

Junibacken Stockholm Reviews

andreamylesa andreamy…
The Children's Museum thats not just for kids Jun 22, 2011
Do you remember the children's books about the little red headed, pig tailed, freckled faced girl named Pippi Longstocking? The one who lived all by herself with her pet monkey Mr. Neilson, and horse in Villa Villakulla? Well you cant even imagine my excitement and surprise when I l discovered that she was Swedish and there was a whole museum dedicated to her and the author who created her story. Astrid Lundgren is a very popular childrens author and she and other Swedish childrens authors have their work immortalized in this really cute yellow house just on the island of Djurgarden.

Inside you will actually find Villa Villakulla. Kids (and big kids) can walk around and play inside. There's even a community of small houses. Inside you can follow a path to a small town where there a child sized homes. They are much better than your average North American club house. These homes have everything from stoves to couches, coffee tables, dining rooms and there's even a tool shed down the street. Its great place for kids to engage in dramatic play with real live props. Even the adults enjoyed it. I stepped inside one house and pretended to have my friend over for tea. LOL

Even better was the ride. Yes there is a ride. It takes you on a journey through a popular Swedish childrens tale. You step inside a small cart and it lifts you through the house. Hold on tight because it does go up pretty high. The effects are amazing. There was a dragon, a huge rat and a little boy who was so small he fit inside a tea cup.

I had so much fun at Junibacken. I highly recommend going here. And don't forget to check the gift shop where you can purchase your own authentic Pippi doll :)
My friend Jay @Junibacken
JacobChr says:
Great idea. I think it's mostly for kids. Come to Copenhagen as well and enjoy Tivoli Gardens :-)
andreamylesa says:
Thanks for the tip. I never heard of it till now. I plan to go back to Stockholm next year and bring my daughter this time so we wil def check out Vimmerby:)
JacobChr says:
Again a very nice review. You should check out Vimmerby as well. It's a bit far away from Stockholm, but it has an amusement park dedicated to Astrid Lindgren and all her stories :-)

Check Stockholm Hotel Deals