Jumbo (Riverside Point)

Singapore, Singapore

Jumbo (Riverside Point) Singapore Reviews

pacisbellum pacisbel…
Beautiful Night Scene Dec 02, 2010
If you're going to be in Singapore in the Evening, I would definitely recommend taking a boat ride on the river. All the lights are lit up and it's really calming and beautiful. Also, there are many different restaurants along the river.

I would also recommend visiting 'Marina Bay Sands', even if it is for a look around.

This site should explain it all.

Raches Raches
Aug 27, 2006
Riverside Point is actually a collection of restaurants and bars by the water. There's a nice atmosphere along the strip, with a wide variety of food to choose from. One of the famous dishes to try in Singapore is the chilli crab. I've eaten chilli crab at a different riverside restaurant back in 2002, and it was great. This time we went to a restaurant called Jumbo.In my opinion, the chilli crab isn't as good as the black pepper crab, which is just so tasty and worth all that hard work and messy fingers trying to get the crab meat out. We also had yam-cake scallops, prawns and roast chicken among other dishes. But it was definitely the crab that was the highlight, and at $30-$40 per crab, it's not outrageously expensive (we only needed two to satisfy a party of 8).
Amanda says:
I have been to Jumbo's, and also had the pepper crab, prawns, and yam cake scallops - it was a great night. I really agree with you!
Posted on: Aug 31, 2006
Amanda Amanda
Nov 08, 2004
Jumbo's is an open air restaurant in the East Coast Seafood Center in Singapore; basically, in between the airport and town.

It is famous for it's Chile Crab and Pepper Crab, and we were told that if you were only going to get one chance to eat these things, do it here!

So off we headed. It's a lovely area, right on the water, so you can walk over and really enjoy the Straits of Singapore.

It's not a fancy place, but fancy is not why I go to Singapore! You'll be sitting at old tables, and plastic orange chairs.

We ordered one pepper crab for the table, some prawns, and the yam covered scallops. It was all very good and very interesting. It was quite unlike the seafood we eat at home.

I can't tell you exactly why I enjoyed this night so very much, but I really did. If I ever go back to Singapore, it will be one of my first stops to celebrate my arrival back to the city I love.
The outside of Jumbos, facing the …
Our meal
It was a great place to relax.

Check Singapore Hotel Deals