Seaways Flower Farm, Isles of Scilly, United Kingdom
www. Julietsgardenrestaurant… - + 44 (0( 1720 422228

Juliet´s Garden Restaurant Isles of Scilly Reviews

sarahsan sarahsan
Fabulous food, fabulous service, fabulous view Jun 02, 2012
Juliet´s Garden Restaurant is located on the hillside just passed Porthloo Beach. From the restaurant there is a good view of Hugh Town right across the bay. If you walk from Hugh Town, it takes about 20 minutes along the coast.

I had just arrived St Mary´s and checked in to my hotel. Sabine, the owner of Isles of Scilly Country Guesthouse, recommended Juliet´s Garden Restaurant to me. A very good recommendation indeed. It was only a 10 minutes walk from my hotel. I arrived 20 minutes after they opened, so there were not many people there. I was therefore surprised when they asked if I had a reservation. After a little doubting and checking the book, they were able to give me a table outside.

As I was enjoying my meal the place was filling up quite quickly. Most people seemed to have a drink outside and then go inside for the meal. As most Norwegian, we are not spoiled with too much sun, so I stayed outside to enjoy the nice weather.

Juliet´s Garden Restaurant offers a nice and varied menu including fish, meat and vegetarian options. I ordered a wild mushroom and cherry tomato bruchetta with parmasan flakes for starter and a crab tagliatelle as the main. Both were prepared to perfection. The pasta was very nice, prepared the perfect Italian way, al dente!

The service was excellent as well. The waiters were not only polite, but very nice, friendly and helpful. They all seem to have a warm and caring attitude. I felt very welcome too.

My first experience at Juliet´s Garden Restaurant was excellent, so I went back a second time. This time I had a booking. I was never asked the name of the reservation, just shown to my table. Did they really recognize me? I felt like they did. I had the Seared Cornish wild black Bream, with a Black & White radish salad, new potatoes and wild garlic pesto. To drink I had Prosecco, which they had added freshburst pearls to. Small rose water flavoured “pearls” which popped in the mouth. For dessert I had the Elderflower Crème with elderflower poached Cornish strawberries. What a meal!

I can highly recommend Juliet´s Garden Restaurant and would love to eat there again. I haven´t seen such pleasant and attentive staff in a long time. They were true professionals.

Opening hours: Wednesday - Monday: 10 am - late, Tuesday: 10 am - 5 pm
A cold pint
spocklogic says:
I like the look, style and demeanor, and presentation here. Definitely a gem of a find - Bravo for telling!
Posted on: May 30, 2012
sarahsan says:
The best on St Mary´s Jutta!
Posted on: May 28, 2012