Jules Verne House

03 22 45 45 75

Jules Verne House Amiens Reviews

Vikram Vikram
A must-see for the man's fans! He was the original travbuddy! May 15, 2017
I wouldn't say I'm the biggest bookworm on the planet, but I have read a thing or 2 about voyages. And yes, don't we Travbuddies all know and love the man for this book on extraordinary voyages!

For the longest time, I'd associated the museum with Nantes, that I never knew that he lived in this town (on his wife's request), much less that they'd made his house into a tourist attraction! Now that I knew what it was, I had to visit it.

The only caveat I'd place about this attraction is the visiting hours. They close for a couple of hours for lunch so please plan your trip accordingly - don't show up during lunch time! That said, the price is cheap and the staff are immensely friendly and informal - they gave me their only copy of their tourist guidebook thinking I'd need it as I visited his study room.

The house is split into 2 floors and the tower - has about everything from pictures of his family (the man put pictures of his in-laws on the walls of his living room too! model son-in-law or what?!) down to a library that contains artifacts of his best works.

Overall, this was time well spent, just because I wasn't even aware of it till I visited. You won't need more than hour, and the good news - it's less than a km from the railway station!
One of the various salons
The famed living room where severa…
His study room shaped liked the ma…

Check Amiens Hotel Deals