Jugend & Familiengästehaus

Josef Preis Allee 18, Salzburg, Austria
Jugend & Familiengästehaus - My bed(s)
Jugend & Familiengästehaus - shower
Jugend & Familiengästehaus - JUFA
Jugend & Familiengästehaus - breakfast
Jugend & Familiengästehaus - toilet
Jugend & Familiengästehaus - This is *inside* the room.  The keycard has to go into this slot for the lights to work.
Jugend & Familiengästehaus - JUFA

Jugend & Familiengästehaus Rates and Deals

Jugend & Familiengästehaus Salzburg Reviews

festerwretch festerwr…
Jugend & Familiengästehaus (aka JUFA) Sep 30, 2008
I chose this hostel because it was too expensive for hotels in Munich, Germany. Odd that the price of a hotel in a different city – different country – would determine which hostel I’d stay in you might think. As it turned out, I was heading back to university in Poland from USA. I had decided to stop by Munich on that trip so that I could experience Oktoberfest. I made my plans too late and did not book a hotel in Munich, so one night there was about as expensive as I had intended to spend for the whole trip. It ended up being cheaper to take a train into Austria and spend a couple nights in Salzburg.

This particular hostel was nice. The rooms had private bathrooms (or at least mine did, maybe there were options for the public route). They offered breakfast. Each night they played “The Sound of Music” in the lobby open to everybody to watch (I figured that seeing I was in Salzburg, where the movie takes place, I should probably watch it at least once while there). There is also a bar / lounge area where a free wi-fi signal is offered (well, actually, I believe the wi-fi is available everywhere, but this was just a logical place to sit at a table and check emails over a beer or coffee…)

An interesting thing (to me anyway) was that after you use your keycard to get into the room, you have to insert it into a slot on the inside of the room in order for the lights to turn on. I’m guessing it’s a way to save energy, but it was something new to me.

In the end, if you’re going to spend some time in Salzburg and plan on going the hostel route, definitely take JUFA into account, it was a good experience.
This is *inside* the room. The ke…
My bed(s)