Juanito's Mexican Restaurant

(559) 685-9235

Juanito's Mexican Restaurant Tulare Reviews

X_Drive X_Drive
Another nice Mexican Restaurant in Tulare Apr 15, 2012
This is a nice locally owned place in downtown Tulare. John and Martha Vargas have had this one for the last 18 years and are constantly looking for ways to make it better. Four years ago they added another 20 feet of frontage to make room for a quiet but full bar. The idea was not wild and crazy but smooth with music once in awhile.

One of our friends plays guitar and sings and let us know that he would be there so we made it a date for dinner and a margarita.

The food was excellent, with fresh and very warm chips and just the right spiciness salsa, great chicken enchiladas and chili rellenos. The margaritas were large but not as strong as I expected. With the wife of the owning couple serving us we couldn’t complain. The place was not packed, which was a shame for a nice Saturday night, but those who were there enjoyed the music and food at a very fair price, and no extra charge for the entertainment.
The nice quiet bar area.
The dining room from the bar, with…
montecarlostar says:
I love Chiles Rellenos, and I am sure a Mex restaurant in California must be really authentic, unlike the ones in Louisiana! :D
ccjbeachbum says:
sounds like my kind of place - i love chili rellenos - how was monterey ?
Vikram says: