Juan Dolio Travel Guide

Browse 4 travel reviews, travel blogs and 58 travel photos from real travelers to Juan Dolio.

Check Juan Dolio Hotel Deals

Juan Dolio Overview

Juan Dolio is a small town about 1 hour west of Santo Domingo. The beach is very nice and about 4 km long. The "old Juan Dolio town" is at the west side of the beach and offers a couple blocks of restaurants, 2 grocery stores and a few fruit stands. During the week it is quiet and it gets busier on the weekends as locals come out from Santo Domingo.

As a caucasian tourist I feel a bit isolated here (after 2 weeks). Most of the local guys are not very friendly and there is a lot of sexual tourism here so the women look at me like a walking bank machine. I don't recommend this place for women traveling alone or with a friend and even though I'm a world traveler I don't feel comfortable being out in the town after dark.

In my opinion it's a nice place to stop on your way from Santo Domingo to Samana or Punta Cana, have some lunch and go for a swim, but not to live here.

Popular Nearby Destinations

Welcome to Boca Chica! This tiny beach town is one of the Caribbean's best kept secrets. Not only does it host the largest reef protected bay, affectively called of the largest natural swimmi…
3reviews