Jærgarden

Brusand, Norway

Jærgarden Brusand Reviews

annthansten annthans…
Traditional Norwegian food Aug 09, 2009
The first impression of this place was that it looked to be a bit more expensive than we planned when deciding on a whim not to cook dinner today.

Set in a very rural area, they have definitely played up the whole old-fashioned country thing.

We were wrong about the prices:) They were averagely not too bad, we paid 129 NOK for a small portion of meatballs.

The resturant is set in an old stable and the adjorning machine house. The tables are huge, with plenty of room for everyone. The staff is wearing nice old-looking dresses, and they're all very nice, with their thick country accents.

The food was amazing. They only have four items on the menu, salmon, cod, meatballs and a roast, but it's all traditional Norwegian. The meatballs were clearly home-made, and better than my mother's. (Don't tell her!)

The sauce was a bit salty, but I don't mind, it just shows that it wasn't some kind of pre-fabricated stuff. The vegetables were also very good. My carrots looked a bit dry, but they tasted perfect, not overcooked, and not dry.

I would definitely eat here again. Maybe after a nice stroll on the 8km beach right next to the restaurant?

Compare Rana Hotel Rates (8.8km away)

Jærgarden Map