Jo's Motel, Campground and Organic Grocery

www.josmotel.com - (541) 381-2234

Jo's Motel, Campground and Organic Grocery Fort Klamath Reviews

cotton_foam cotton_f…
overpriced but close to Crater Lake National Park (Oregon) Jul 07, 2013
Jo’s Motel and Campground is in the list of Crater Lake Local Services. We gave it a try since it is within 25 miles south of the Crater Lake National Park. The location is a real plus factor, it is easy to find and it’s just along the roadside of Hwy 62. We pulled into the motel just before the organic grocery store closed, about 8:00 p.m. There is a small deli section in the store but that corner was already closed so we just bought some frozen vegie pizzas, pot pies and boiled eggs for supper.

The owner of the property and store is not really friendly but civil enough and so is the lady who is manning the store.

The motel room has a small television that looks like a desktop computer. There is a DVD player and the store also rent movies. There is a microwave and a refrigerator. On top of the fridge is a tin-can filled with ‘organic’ candies. There is no internet and air-conditioning (again!) They only have a blower, nestled by the window. Well, it was cold at night so I guess that’s okay that there is no AC.

Our room is like a cabin. There is a room within the room. So there were two beds—a queen and a full-size bed. The full-size is inside the room while the queen bed is in the “living room”. I like their beds though, they’re really firm! I also like the carports in between rooms, which I think is really “unique” -- never seen a motel that has a separate carport before. I also like the pine paneling in the room which gives a “cabin-feel” like. The room is clean although some stains on the carpet are visible.

The bathroom is also clean but really small. The shower area is really tiny there is barely space to turn around. The shower head is also kind of strange how it was positioned. The towels are also very old and non- coordinated (just like those towels from the other hotel in Tulelake. There were no shampoos or soaps but I like the available organic hand wash liquid which smelled really good.

The setting is really relaxing and quiet. The backyard is nice. There is a fire pit to build a camp fire and some picnic tables. We thought of eating our dinner at the backyard but there were lots of mosquitos. The river nearby must have attract those “blood suckers” into the camp ground.

Over all I thought it was really overpriced for the kind of furnishings we got, about $120 per night. The organic store also is expensive. An apple alone costs .89 cents! I’m sure there are a lot more lodgings in the area besides Jo’s Motel but much farther away from the national park.

If you are staying at Jo’s Motel: Bring your own food. The closest restaurant is about 25 miles away from this motel.

carport is cool
jo's motel signage (you won't miss…
bathroom, small but clean
the tiny shower area
cotton_foam says:
Bill: thats true! but they charge too much!! like they do not want to sell thier stuff!!
Posted on: Jul 16, 2013
Zagnut66 says:
Anything with "organic" in the name will be overpriced.
Posted on: Jul 15, 2013