Jordan Valley Marriott Dead Sea

Check Dead Sea Hotel Deals

Jordan Valley Marriott Dead Sea Reviews

TexanCT TexanCT
Spectacular Jan 11, 2016
I stay at a lot of Marriott properties. In fact on this trip, I stayed at three different Marriott locations in Jordan. This was by far my favorite. Maybe it was the three separate pools, or maybe it was the Dead Sea access beach, or maybe it was the palatial suite they hooked me up with... but something about this place made me smile. The food for breakfast was en pointe. Champions had a relaxed pub feel, and they actually had a locally brewed beer, Carakale. Huzzah! The lobby bar offered some nice cigars and quality scotches. While there isn't much to do in the surrounding areas, this resort is a must stay on any pilgrimage..
RobertPenna RobertPe…
Great Location, Nice Place to Relax Apr 30, 2015
This is a really great location on the northern side of the Dead Sea. The hotel grounds are beautifully landscaped and the hotel has a large number of pools at various locations and heights as the resort is built on a hillside. The walk to the water's edge and back can be steep but there are paths and steps. In addition, although it is not readily announced, there is a golf-cart type service that will take you all the way to the Dead Sea shore. Several good restaurants are located here including an American style sports bar and a nice Italian restaurant. Rooms are well appointed and some have great views (others do not). There is a decent mall within a ten minute walk. There is also plenty of security as each car/bus is carefully inspected and each visitor must go through a metal detector.
moezy76 moezy76
Marriott Dead Sea May 25, 2011
I am going to write about our experience at the Marriott Dead Sea – Jordan. I picked up my friend from the airport and drove directly to the Dead Sea, the trip took around 45 minutes or so, I think a bit more as we stopped at one of the shops on the way to buy some wine and beer.

We’ve reached at Marriott Dead Sea at around 6 PM, when we entered the hotel gates we had a feeling that we are entering the Pentagon, security guards everywhere, we had a car security check and our luggage been scanned and of course because we are in Jordan and everything is possible, they didn’t allow alcohol into the hotel and said it’s the hotel policy!! For god sake, since when a 5 star hotel has a policy of not taking a bottle of wine with you into your room!!

The hotel itself has a spacious lobby, comfortable colours and furniture, nicely done landscaping and pools with a separate swimming pool for 18+ guests and 3 to 4 dining outlets.

Now I am going to talk about the service because our experience wasn’t that nice and what we’ve paid is way beyond of what we’ve got in return.

The staff at the hotel gives you a feeling that they are doing a favour for you to allow you to stay at their premises, I got a feeling from the staff saying within themselves ‘hey man, thank your god and be grateful that you got a room here’.

Below is a list of positive and negative points we gathered during 2 nights stay at Marriott Dead Sea Hotel:

1- The “18+” pool is a very nice idea because the hotel is packed with kids and whom ever came with this idea to have a pool only for “18+” guests is genius 

2- 18+ pool staff were friendly and nice

3- The hotel has good outlet selection, though restaurants are very expensive but you don’t have a choice

4- Oasis lounge is a relaxing place after a long day under the sun, good entertainment program like belly dancer and a band. The low point here is that they only serve shisha and drinks only…for food and snacks you need to go to a restaurant

5- The service at the breakfast room wasn’t that good, when you enter the breakfast room they run to you as if you are sneaking for a free food and they don’t relax until you give them your room number to make sure breakfast is included with the rate.

6- During our breakfast on the second day, and while we were sitting outside at the terrace for 20 or 25 mins only, a guest came and requested to sit outside, and for his luck all the tables were occupied, the waiter came to us with a smile on his face asking us to leave the table if we finished eating as they need it for another guest .. I was shocked by the request….and of course by the service … HELLOOOOO WE PAID FOR THIS!!

7- The Dead Sea has a stunning view from the hotel but the beach is very small and rocky, its full of rocks.

8- Don’t you ever stay at a pool terrace room if you want to have quite time, it is very noisy and kids start screaming from 6am

9- Also another tip about the rooms, try to avoid staying in a connecting rooms because you will hear every single word and laugh and ……..:) the rooms doesn’t have sound proof walls at all

10- If you don’t like cats, I advise you not to stay there … cats are everywhere, everywhere..

11- In front of our room terrace there were dirty dishes on the floor from a previous guest I believe, they stayed there all the time and I believe they are still there, the dishes are very dirty and remaining food is rotten (see pics)

12- I was going to my room after breakfast and I was shocked to see the guy who clean the rooms left the fresh towels on the floor in the corridor between rooms to be divided into the rooms while cleaning, how hygienic!!! (see pics)

13- The Italian restaurant has a nice view, good service and staff – but over over priced

14- Champions bar is nice and good food

Anyway, that was an experience, never again of course, because I do believe that I have the right to be treated good when I stay in a 5 star hotel.

Next time we will try another one and compare!!
TravellingAuntie Travelli…
Magnificent Feb 01, 2010
Too awesome for words. Best resort I've ever been to.

Spa with Dead Sea treatments & sauna, 12 restaurants, 4 pools, multiple whirlpools, Dead Sea beach access with mud provided.

It is located in the same strip as the other 4 & 5 star hotels on the Jordanian side of the Dead Sea - we walked from one to the other one day and this Marriott is in the middle range in terms of offerings. The Kempinski Hotel was the most upscale of the strip, the Dead Sea Hotel & Spa the least and the oldest.

For us it was cheap because of Marriott's family & friends program, normally this would not be in my budget.

For some reason this is showing up as a 3 star but it's definitely a 5 star.
Looking out at the Dead Sea from t…
Another view
The Dead Sea Beach at the Marriott…
A mud bath

• Hair Dryer
  • TV

Related Travel Blogs About Jordan Valley Marriott Dead Sea

In the footsteps of Herod the Great
Our last two days in Jordan were full of action items - visit Karak & Shobak, Mt. Nebo & Madaba, hike Wadi Mujib, tour Amman....  However, once we checked into the Jordan Valle…Jordan Valley Marriott and saw the Dead Sea we decided to stay put.  After almost 3 weeks…

Check Dead Sea Hotel Deals