Jonadda Guest House

Check Chiang Mai Hotel Deals

Jonadda Guest House Chiang Mai Reviews

ciara_ ciara_
Cheap and friendly in Chiang Mai. Mar 15, 2011
I stayed in Jonadda's in June 2010 for 5 nights. I heard about the guest house from The Lonely Planet guide book. It was highly recommended by them in their budget accommodation so we decided to stay there. We were very impressed. The guest house is run by a couple, John and Panadda. John is Australian, he's nicknamed Aussie John, and Panadda is Thai.

We got a double room for 300 Baht a night, which is €7, BARGAIN. The room was clean and we had our own bathroom and there was a fan. Both the bedroom and bathroom were basic, but clean and comfortable. There is a porter on the door day and night so it is safe and secure. And for 300 Baht a night, what more can you ask for?!

The best thing about Jonadda's is the staff. Being a family run business, there is such a friendly atmosphere! It's very relaxed and welcoming. Both John and Panadda work there and they are genuinely interested in learning about their guests. There's loads of tours and courses to check out when in Chiang Mai and Jonadda's have so much information on these, they have something that suits everyone. Panadda organised our elephant trekking trip for us. We didn't have proper hiking boots so John brought us to a market on his motorbike and side car. He helped us select appropriate boots and then brought us back to the guest house. It was so nice of him. He also plays guitar a few nights a week at a local bar so he invited us to go down one of the nights we were they. It was a lot of fun!

I would highly recommend Jonadda's to any backpacker or traveler. It's affordable, very friendly, clean and in the heart of the Old City, which is beautiful. There's excellent night life literally 2 minutes walk away, along with a lot of restaurants. I will definitely be staying here when I go back to Chiang Mai.

Check Chiang Mai Hotel Deals