TravBuddy is the #1 online travel community
Share hotel reviews, travel blogs, photos, travel advice and meet over 689,092 travelers just like you!

JonLau
Award: Happy Happy Happy

Name: Jonathan
Hometown: Calgary, Canada
Location: Vancouver, Canada
Join Date: April 9, 2014
Contributions: JonLau has written about 1 place, shared 14 photos, left 724 comments, and smiled 885 times.
Travel Plans
Chengdu, China
Apr 6, 2018 – Apr 15, 2018
Taiwan
Apr 15, 2018 – May 7, 2018
Countries I've Traveled To
Languages Spoken
English, Cantonese, some beginner level Mandarin.
Interests
Books you might find in my backpack
Music you might find me listening to while waiting for my plane
Most Memorable Travel Experience
Taiwan (hands down). Suzhou, China. Kyoto, Nara, Kamakura, and Hakone in Japan. Singapore. Malaysia. Thailand. London England. Australia, Great Barrier Reef. Paris of course!
Profile
I like to meet local people at places where I visit, and also interest to show you about this beautiful city Vancouver where I called home.

I am a down-to-earth, respectful, and mature (in mind and not by age) person who lives in Vancouver. I'm a quiet independent person. Not into clubbing, partying, or much shopping. I like history, art, scenery, architecture, and nature.

If you are visiting Vancouver, feel free to contact me with a brief description about yourself and what are you hoping to see in Vancouver. Then I can reply back and hopefully get together and show you a bit about Vancouver if our schedule permit. If not, at the very least, I can give you some recommendations.
I have been living in Vancouver for 28 years and volunteering over 18 years and have some perks which allow me to bring a guest to visit some local attractions for free and that can be you.

Ultimately hope to find a travel buddy to explore places like Asia and Europe. I enjoy cycling, kayaking trip, gardening, the outdoors like a short hike, indoor museum adventures, and I absolutely love food (mostly casual dining with fine dining on special occasions).

I value friendship based on who the person is inside, and not on your profession, race, gender, religion, sexual orientation, etc. I am happily married to my husband, and purely looking for a travel companion, friendship, and meeting down to earth nice people to show you this amazing city where I call home --- Vancouver.

Thanks for reading my profile and hope to exchange a few email prior meeting up in person.
spocklogic says:
HBD!
Posted on: May 08, 2017
chetanjadhav says:
Thanks you for your comment.
Posted on: Apr 05, 2017
z858978 says:
thanks for your comment. we did not get to meet when I was there! I'm probably gonna be back in the spring if I can't come up with somewhere else to go
Posted on: Dec 14, 2016

JonLau's Travel Reviews

Very cheap "Sights & Attractions" in Vancouver, Canada
The Vancouver Architecture Institute of BC offers various walking tours (mostly with a architect…