Jomo Kenyatta International Airport in Kenya

Nairobi, Kenya

Jomo Kenyatta International Airport in Kenya Nairobi Reviews

Africancrab Africanc…
Home of the Pride of Africa Oct 12, 2009
Like entebbe, Jomo Kenyatta is expensive. It is Kenya's main airport and one that services many flights in and out of East Africa including Uganda, Kenya, Tanzania, Rwanda and Burundi. Jomo Kenyatta is a relatively big airport with a much nicer business lounge than a few I have been to. The open transit area is however not as comfortable and I would not recommend staying over 4 hours on a layover because the seats are not designed to hold any one's behind for long, quite uncomfortable I should say.

Jomo Kenyatta is the hab of Kenya Airways air carrier, also known as the Pride of Africa. Kenya Airways is a partner of KLM Dutch airlines and serves many destinations in Europe as well.
Africancrab says:
It really depends on when you are going to Tanzania and when you are going to South Africa. Are you volunteering first or going to world cup first? Tanzania's main airport is in Dar-es-salaam the capital and is quite decent. South Africa however has different airports depending on where you are going. The main entry airport is Tambo International in Johannesburg. From Tambo you can flie to any other town domestic i.e Cape Town, Durban, Orange Free State, Transvaal etc
Posted on: Oct 13, 2009
brendah27 says:
I need your help with Airport info.. I am thinking Tanzania (volunteering) and S. Africa (World cup) next summer. What would be the best place to flight into? Thanks!!!
Posted on: Oct 13, 2009
Africancrab says:
Scary? wow how about mind blowing, when I first travelled through Atlanta I remember being mortified by the size, transit system leave alone the crowds. But if you meant scary as in safety, I don't think I can outrightly name any.
Posted on: Oct 12, 2009

Related Travel Blogs About Jomo Kenyatta International Airport in Kenya

Jomo Kenyatta International Airport
NBO Jomo Kenyatta International airport was a bit intimidating the first time I arrived. Soldiers with rifles strapped over their shoulders patroled around, staring at everyone with suspiscious eyes… NBO Jomo Kenyatta International airport was a bit intimidating the first time I arrived. Soldiers with rifles strapped over their…

Check Nairobi Hotel Deals