Joma

Check Jerez de la Frontera Hotel Deals

Joma Jerez de la Frontera Reviews

anita_il anita_il
basic and good for long stays Mar 12, 2011
I had picked Hotel Joma because another U.S. flamenca has stayed there for years since it was reasonable and she liked the staff. She did call it funky though. My expectations were therefore low and since I was staying for nine days, it was imperative that it was cheap. Pros: location is great (5 minute walk from Teatro Villamarta), reasonable (during time of Flamenco Festival in late Feb-early March 2011 was 27 Euros for single and 42 Euros for double). Not many hotels in Spain have "non-smoking" rooms but Hotel Joma does, so that was a big plus for me. Another pro was the staff who were all very nice. The rooms were clean as far as I could see (I opted for an interior room with no window and there was one lightbulb and it was quite dark, so my assessment of cleanliness was hampered; the bathroom had more light and it looked clean). The cons are: the rooms aren't attractive. The building has a some kind of mechanical equipment (generator?) which emits a ever-present hum which depending on where your room is, could be loud. It didn't bother me, but my roommate found it disturbing. The water temperature is very sensitive and often it was hard to get the right temp. (I had read a comment about this in advance, but if one was unaware, one could easily get scalded.) Heat, which the building controls and not the guests, also is sensitive. When not running the rooms can get coolish (again speaking of early March) and when running tended to get too warm. There are many bad ratings of this hotel on TripAdvisor, so the reader of this is encouraged to look at those too. I think that satisfaction of a place largely depends of one's expectations and what one wants to get out of a stay. For me it was a cheap, clean, smoke-free place to sleep with an in-room bathroom and a good location in Jerez. In this regard, Hotel Joma did fit the bill.

Joma Overview

Rooms: they are provided with complete bathroom, air conditioning, central-heating, telephone, fax, internet, safe, satellite TV, hair-dryer, alarm-clock, newspapers, iron, coffee and the maker, non-smoking rooms. Facilities: lounges, TV room, garage, bar, breakfast lounge, reception, pets are allowed, facilities with air conditioning.

Joma Amenities