TravBuddy is the #1 online travel community
Share hotel reviews, travel blogs, photos, travel advice and meet over 690,950 travelers just like you!

Johnpro
Award: Community LeaderAward: Photographer VAward: Critic IVAward: Writer IAward: Happy Happy HappyAward: AmbassadorAward: TravelpedianAward: Bedbug IIAward: Vox Populi IIAward: Spambuster IIAward: Most Helpful Hotel Reviewer (Past Winner)

Name: Giannis
Hometown: Athens, Greece
Location: Athens, Greece
Website: www.thegreektravels.com
Join Date: October 9, 2011
Contributions: Johnpro has written about 247 places, shared 26,470 photos, left 6,599 comments, and smiled 20,459 times.
Travel Plans
Countries I've Traveled To
Languages Spoken
Greek,English
Interests
Books you might find in my backpack
Music you might find me listening to while waiting for my plane
Most Memorable Travel Experience
Every place is great always will offer you new experiences.

Every place to my travel map is a nice experience , all the places give me the traveler happiness , full my travel soul and recharge my batteries :)
Profile
I travel because feel happy , I travel because full my soul , My hoping are to visit all the 193 countries (The United States' State Department recognizes 195 independent countries around the world) ,206 by wikipedia ,(unofficial ? hard to answer :) the world map changing quickly ),:) If you divide the world in regions are about 1281 for TBT(207 countries) or 874 regions for MTP (193 UN countries) ,so that means at TB you have only countries & some extras:)
Live to travel , travel to live :)

I am interesting to visit new countries and travel with different persons .But most of the times traveling alone :) Also i am very friendly to help someone if visit my country Greece and specially to Athens where i am living !

That means feel free to contact with me , and if I am available we can drink a coffee together in the center of Athens :) (I am living just 1km far away from the Acropolis Rock) .
Personal I am good-humored person to my life , so try to give fun to my life , out off my daily working routine :)

Working hard to enjoy some travels , almost over 70 hours per week in my own company (I am Computer & Network engineer) and always give a happy note to my life when I have free time !

EXTRA NOTE !!!

Some shoots are not so centered or cut the object , it happen because resize the pictures at 1280 or 1024x768 pixels also add the watermark just for my copyrights :-) Also have more than 200.000 personal shoots so don't strange with my uploads :) Also my pictures have Raw format and quality - resolution are higher & better than my uploads (downgrade uploads for faster upload and copyrights) ,the smaller file are about 12mb so takes long time to upload it full :)

I Use a Nikon D800FX from November 2012 , before had a D7000(2011+2012) with some special lenses as my fish-eye :-) Before had D90 (2009&2010) & before that years just compact cameras .
Also I use my small compact cameras , because the Nikon Dslr is quiet heavy when I get bored or lazy :)
monky says:
Happy Birthday Giannis have an amazing day!:)
ys484 says:
Happy Birthday!
EvaJ27 says:
Happy Birthday!

Johnpro's Travel Blogs

MALAWI - 2013
Aug 14, 2013 – Aug 17, 2013
Malawi -› -› …
Amazing peoples , fantastic Kids ... Beautiful land , Landscapes ... The football match of my life ...
Overview 1,694 words 1,181 111 1,322
Latvia - 2013
May 02, 2013
Riga , is the most beautiful Baltic city for me :) Nice old city many events and many more :)
Overview 442 words 798 66 1,206
ATHENS
Jan 01, 2012 – Jan 01, 2013
Athens, Greece -› -› …
Ancient Athens ,culture , happenings , nice walks , sights , attractions , some town tips and etc ! Everything here :)
Overview 991 words 2,715 287 3,201

Johnpro's Travel Reviews

Cheap "Hostels" in Dar es Salaam, Tanzania
Almost opposite to Dar Es Salaam city port in a good location ! Far away from the city center ! …
Average priced "Hotels & Accommodations" in Prague, Czech Republic
This one is another hotel to overnight and offer me all inclusive ! Breakfast and dinner ! To h…
Expensive "Hotels & Accommodations" in Quito, Ecuador
Not very close to the city center , somewhere in the north of the city in but not very far from …