Johnny Garlic's

1460 Farmers Lane, Santa Rosa, CA, USA

Johnny Garlic's Santa Rosa Reviews

poohstanggt poohstan…
Guy Fieri Mecca Aug 17, 2008
When I watched the Next Food Network Star and Guy Fieri's start, I saw he owned a restaurant in the Northern California area and thought if I ever get out here, I want to go. Little did I know I was going to moving back to CA shortly thereafter!

With Melanie visiting for the weekend, it was finally time to go try it with someone who would truly appreciate being in Guy's actual restaurant! There are two locations - one in Santa Rosa and then another one in Windsor. Johnny Garlic's was started by Guy and his partner Steve and has grown to include catering operations that can handle weddings and other mobile functions. The name Johnny Garlic's is Johnny for Steve's first son and garlic being a staple in the foodie community. You will find Hunter's Selections on the menu which is for Guy's son that he used to talk about a lot when he was performing on the show.

While everything looked good on the menu, Melanie and I opted to eat on the lighter side since we were going to be trying other Guy Fieri stops throughout the day! Both Melanie and I decided to try Guy signature items:

Guy's Sloppy Sliders, $9.50 - Signature sloppy joe recipe served over three buttered potato rolls, topped with crispy Maui onions.

Guy's Morgan's Veggie Burger, $8.95 - Fresh hand made veggie burger, made with chick peas, black beans, white beans, oats, red bell peppers, jalapenos, garlic, artichoke hearts, red onions, olives, and spices. Served on grilled panini with green leaf lettuce, roma tomatoes, red onions, avocado and a cilantro lime aioli sauce.

Mel's sloppy joe sliders looked amazing and my veggie burger was absolutely delicious. Both sandwiches were served with their homemade garlic potato chips.

They have a lunch menu available during the week until 4pm and they let us order the sandwiches even though it was a Sunday. I can't wait to come back and try some of their dinner entrees and the garlic soup! Yummy!

I can't believe I was finally standing in the restaurant Guy Fieri created - it was an amazing moment and I hope one day I might get lucky enough to run into him in there! LOL.
Johnny Garlic's
Menu with Guy's pic on it!
Interior of the restaurant
OMG...even the bill folders have s…
mellemel8 mellemel8
GUY FIERI'S FIRST RESTAURANT Aug 17, 2008
This was named after Guy's co-partner's son and of course added the garlic for the majority of the menu has garlic. i was surprisingly a small restaurant. we when during lunch time on a sunday. strangely it was a slow day. no matter i enjoyed my sloppy joe sliders. i was perfectly seasoned. it did not give me heart burn.

I ORDERED:

Guy's Sloppy Joe Sliders

Guy’s signature sloppy joe recipe served over three buttered potato rolls, topped with crispy Maui onions.

ERIN ORDERED:

Guy's Morgan’s Veggie Burger Vegetarian!

Fresh hand made veggie burger, made with chic peas, black beans, white beans, oats, red bell peppers, jalapenos, garlic, artichoke hearts, red onions, olives and spices. Served on grilled panini with green leaf lettuce, roma tomatoes, red onions, avocado and a cilantro lime aioli sauce.

i would like to go back to try a list of yummy items:

Sashimi Won Tons

Diced ahi tuna combined with jicama, scallions, red onion, and cucumber in a soy sauce, served in wonton cups.

Johnny’s "Dip"

Our smoked beef thinly sliced and marinated with jalapeno jack, sour cream horseradish and some dynamite au jus on a sourdough baguette.

Meatball Sandwich

Our house made meatballs, smothered in tomato sauce, covered in mozzarella cheese served on a toasted sourdough baguette.

Killer Garlic Fries

French fries cooked golden brown and tossed with fresh garlic, salt & pepper, parsley and parmesan cheese.
sloppy joe sliders