John G’s

John G’s - The queue in front of John G's

John G’s Manalapan Reviews

Chokk Chokk
Fabulous brunch place on a Sunday morning Apr 01, 2012
After a night in the bar at my hotel in West Palm Beach tasting way too many different beers and a few cocktails my travel mate Jamal greeted me fresh and with a big smile on his face in the hotel lobby 9 am on a wonderful Sunday morning. I quickly checked out and put my stuff in his car and he took me for a light sight seeing in the West Palm Beach area heading for the award winning Palm Beach Area Restaurant of John G’s on South Ocean Boulevard.

Coming from a city where we just skip the long queue restaurants for the next one I was amazed of the scenery this sunny morning in front of the restaurant. It looked like almost all elderly person in the area had volunteered in forming a long line of brunch hungry elderlies. I could not remember having seen scenery like this in Copenhagen but people would also have frozen there but off at this time of season standing in a line for more than 20 minutes.

Jamal and I entered the queue with a smile on our faces: Jamal because he knew what was inside and I because I just loved the scenery. Shortly after we were offered coffee and chocolate covered cherries to take the edge of the queuing but for me it only added to the experience; it was fabulous brunch scenery. Most of the people in front of us where in larger groups and it didn’t last long before we were asked, if we would mind sitting at the bar and pass the queue. To us it was just perfect.

At the bar we were instantly offered coffee and a menu together with a large group of smiles from the waitresses. After a thorough research I decided to go for my favorite Eggs Benedict that seldom lets me down and here they were really good with a thin slice of tomato underneath the eggs and the bacon. Jamal went for the stuffed croissant and some of his beloved grits also sometimes called sofkee or sofkey from the Muskogee word. I tasted some of it later and I liked it too.

The atmosphere was relaxing around the bar and I was quite happy that we ended there because we had good attention from the waitresses and we were able to talk. At one point Mrs. John G came to us and asked if we were happy with our visit. She was really sweet and it was a great gesture.

During our entire stay there was a queue of at least 20 meter in front of the restaurant and when we left it was even longer. It was truly a special place.
My Eggs Benedict
Congratulations! :)
vulindlela says:
Congrats!
ivy says:
Congrats on your feature. Eggs look real fine to me!

Check Manalapan Hotel Deals