Jogoya Japanese Buffet

T3, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia

Jogoya Japanese Buffet Kuala Lumpur Reviews

trippin_jen trippin_…
Jogoya Japanese Buffet Jan 20, 2015
In its website it's said "Largest Buffet in Malaysia". I'm not sure how true, but it is indeed a huge place.

Jogoya was once a very popular Japanese Buffet Restaurant but its quality deteriorated with time. I got a cheap Groupon Deal and agreed to join my friend for dinner although I've always heard negative feedbacks about this place.

Pros and Cons

- Not sure since when but they offer a huge selection of different cuisine including Japanese, Chinese, Western (I thought it was Japanese Restaurant). They're pretty generous in terms of offering 'expensive' food like Crabs, Yabbies, Abalone, Salmon, Scallops in big quantity. However, when it comes in quantity, you can expect the quality to be... well, not up to standard, or should I say, not really so authentic anymore.

- They have so many different types of food to choose from, from raw to cooked, from savoury to desserts, from alcoholic to non-alcoholic, you name it. If you're with a group of people with different tastebuds, this may just be the right place to go to satisfy everyone.

- I'm surprised they also offer quite a selection of drinks from soft drinks to local favourites to cocktails to wine to beer, and even a refrigerator full of coconuts!! OMG! My favourite. But upon drinking, uhh.. it tasted like water. Hmmm...

- When you're there you'd surely be overwhelmed with what they have to offer, and they all look so delicious. However, you only have 1 stomach, and even if you were to take a small bite of each dish, your stomach will most likely explode.

- Frankly speaking I was quite disappointed with its Japanese selection. The other 'cooked' cuisines were tastier. I particularly like their system whereby they prepare different bowls and label each of them with different dishes. If you want them to cook it there and then, then drop your table number (they prepare clips for each table) into the bowl and they'll cook it and have it sent to your table. Not bad indeed!

- Desserts...Mmmm.. Yummy! I love their ice creams and puddings. They also have a number of cakes and mochis and waffles, and fruits, and marshmellows...

Overall, I'm giving them points for its wide selection of food. However, minus points for its quality.

Ambiance is good. Cleanliness is tip top. They even have a corner for single diners, which I find quite private, which is good. They also have VIP rooms, and the rest were normal seats. Spacious and could accommodate big groups. Not too noisy.

Service is quick, but I think 99% of the waiters/waitresses were foreigners who could hardly speak any English, Malay nor Chinese, which are considered the main languages in Malaysia. This frustrates me a lot, but the thing is, most eateries in Malaysia hire foreigners. So, oh well..
vulindlela says:
Congrats!
Zagnut66 says:
Congrats on being featured!
halilee says:
Congrats on your featured review! :D

Check Kuala Lumpur Hotel Deals