Joey's Bakery & Restaurant

Joey's Bakery & Restaurant - My coffee

Joey's Bakery & Restaurant Ridgway Reviews

Chokk Chokk
Great brunch Aug 27, 2011
I didn't feel like eating breakfast at the Best Western in Saint Marys when I woke up, so I planned to do a stop on the road when I saw a place that looked interesting.

The weather was nice and I had been enjoying the views along the road when I entered Ridgway that looked like a nice little town. I therefore decided to stop and see what they offered besides beautiful houses and nicely decorated streets.

My eyes caught a sign with the name Joey's Bakery & Restaurant and I decided to park just outside and check their place out. In front of the shop there was a huge wooden deer in a roaring position and behind it I could see a large amount of people entering and leaving all with a smile on their faces.

When I entered I found what I was looking for, a place where the locals have their late breakfast. The place was quite busy as all the people traffic indicated. Inside the door there was a small counter with some bakery. I had at this moment not decided if I wanted to eat there or bring something along, but after looking at the bakery in the counter I decided to eat there because there was not something to bring. The counter was full of different kinds of donuts in all the rainbows colors, there were no croissants or similar.

I waited to be seated, standing next to the counter and the 3 waitresses were really busy and I decided to just take a table. After some minutes I got a menu and ordered a large coffee. I looked around in the room to see what the locals were eating, but I didn’t get any hints because they were eating from the whole menu.

Just inside the door a local guy was sitting and he knew everyone entering and leaving and he had a talk with all of them. I could not help laughing at his remarks and I think I knew almost all in the city before I had my order that was a 3-egg omelet with meat plus extra bacon and toasted white bread.

The meal was enormous and had I known the amount of meat in the omelet I would never had asked for extra bacon. The omelet was full of ham and bacon and they must have slaughtered a pig to fill it. Every time the waitresses passed I had a refill of the coffee.

The place was pretty on the interior but it was a place that everybody liked to visit. Kids came there after practice, families having brunch, friends and solo riders like me. The waitresses were all really friendly and they all had time to smile even though they were quite busy. I must say I liked the place.
My mega meat 3-egg omelet