Joe's beerhouse

Windhoek, Namibia
Joe's beerhouse - My Gemsbok steak with baked potato and salad. The other meat is a sample of my friends food.

Joe's beerhouse Windhoek Reviews

DAO DAO
Eat at Joe's Feb 07, 2017
Eat at Joe’s? The name really does not even begin to hint at the delights of this fantastic restaurant. This is a WOW! A DAO RATED - BEST AFRICAN RESTAURANTS. The compound is full of Lapas (small thatch covered buildings with no walls) and several themes areas. There is a pond and several bar areas as well. The staff are fantastic and nothing is a problem. The menu screams MEAT EATERS WELCOME! Choose from Game dishes or traditional meat dishes. And there’s the beer! Served cold and with a smile every time. This is a lively yet peaceful atmosphere for families and couples. They stay open late for drinkers. If you only spend one night Namibia– eat here!

* There are vegetarian dishes on the menu.

Favorite Dish:

* Starter:

Chicken Salad with Prawns. Georgeous! Tender chicken with a fresh tasty salad.

* Main meal:

Bushman Sosatie – the King of meals in Windhoek!

Ostrich, Crocodile, Zebra, Kudu, Chicken with Salad & Fritters. It’s surprising how good Zebra tastes. No wonder lions eat them! This is served with several side sauces on a wooden cutting board so you can mix and match tastes. Delicious!
debcon debcon
The most delicious food! May 09, 2012
I came here late 2010 whilst doing a tour of Africa. This is such a great place to eat especially after eating bog standard food for a month.

The atmosphere, decor and food here are all amazing. You can choose various different game meat such as Kudu, Zebra, Ostrich, Crocodile and Gemsbok. The portions are huge and the food itself is beautiful. I have to admit I had the best steak ever here and that's no understatement! I had the Gemsbok and I would definitely recommend it. I also tried some of my friends food which was equally as good. I can't praise this place enough and if I ever visit Namibia again I will certainly be returning to this restaurant! It's just a shame I live in England haha.
My Gemsbok steak with baked potato…

Check Windhoek Hotel Deals