Joe's Italian Ice

www.joesice.com - (714) 750-1076
Joe's Italian Ice - Mmmmm, regular size Joe Lattis - Strawberries and Creme
Joe's Italian Ice - Enjoying my Strawberries & Cream Joe Latti
Joe's Italian Ice - Mom and Dad enjoying their Joe Lattis
Joe's Italian Ice - The opening day pic with the long lines!
Joe's Italian Ice - The soft serve machines...can I take one??? ....Puhlease?!!?
Joe's Italian Ice - The flavor board and menu for that night
Joe's Italian Ice - Welcome to Joe's Italian Ice

Joe's Italian Ice Garden Grove Reviews

poohstanggt poohstan…
Authentic Philly Style Water Ice! Aug 05, 2008
Joe's Italian Ice and Ice Cream is on Harbor Blvd quite near Disneyland which explains how I stumbled across this hidden gem several years ago! I was headed back to Long Beach with a group of friends, one of which is from the East Coast and he saw the sign that said "authentic" Philadelphia Water Ice and told me to pull the car over as he had to see how authentic it was. Well, he said it's exactly what Philly Italian/Water ice should taste like...personally, I have nothing to compare it to, I just know it tastes delicious!

I always try to visit Joe's at least once when I am back in So Cal and since it was Mom's last night before going in for surgery, she wanted a Joe Latti and of course you didn't have to twist my arm to take her out there!

Whether or not you are an Italian Ice expert, this place has incredibly yummy sweet treats! my personal favorite is the Joe Latti. It's the best of both their Philly specialities! Your choice of Philadelphia style Italian ice, layered with real soft serve ice cream. And this ice cream is not what you would expect from normal soft serve. It's very thick and dense - apparently shipped in from Pennsylvania where it's cooked at hultra high temperatures (UHT) to give it the noticeably creamier, sweeter taste. It should be noted this process is more expensive and according to Joe's - only used by a handful of dairies found back east.

Mike Abeyta is the owner of Joe's and felt he needed to bring his favorite Philly treat out west. Apparently this has been around for about a hundred years and what started as lemon ice is now known as water ice. Joe's makes theirs fresh onsite, over 50 flavors which can change daily. He opened in 2002 to quite a crowd as he was giving away free Italian Ice!

I won't list all the flavors (you can view them online) but some of my personal favorites are: black raspberry, blue raspberry, cotton candy, strawberry kiwi, and the best new one - strawberries and cream. That one is more like ice cream itself!

Joe's also features just soft serve cones, crazy dipped shell flavors (including blue raspberry and banana), sundaes, banana splits, smoothies, shakes, and floats. In addition to the soft serve ice cream, they feature Dreyer's old fashioned dipped ice cream flavors. Check out their website for the full menu and flavors available in both the Italian Ice and the Dreyer's ice cream. And guess what?!? They do offer some flavors in sugar free!

The Joe Latti is $4.00 for the regular sized one (those in the pics below) or $5.00 for the large. Don't be fooled - although the regular looks small, I am always stuffed after eating a regular size. The ice cream is so thick and dense, it really fills you up fast.

If you happen to be in the Garden Grove/Anaheim area, I definitely recommend making a stop by Joe's - just expect a wait...I have not been there one time yet where there wasn't a pretty decent line going. Definitely worth the wait!!! :-)
Welcome to Joe's Italian Ice
The flavor board and menu for that…
Mmmmm, regular size Joe Lattis - S…
The soft serve machines...can I ta…
poohstanggt says:
Hmmm, obviously you didn't catch it...I scoped out the SF angle for you! They offer several different ones in Sugar Free! On the website, they list 7 different flavors available in sugar free! :-)
mellemel8 says:
ooops my bad, i did not see the *. you must take me here when we are both in LA together!!!!
mellemel8 says: