Jodanga Backpackers Hostel

Check Santa Cruz Hotel Deals

Jodanga Backpackers Hostel Santa Cruz Reviews

d2amy d2amy
Nice, but too much May 09, 2010
This being the only backpackers hostel I coul find while staying in Santa Cruz, Bolivia, I really had no choice but to pick this one. I was getting tired of staying in creepy, run down, hostels close to bus stations and public transport hubs, plus I wanted a kitchen to cook in.

Santa Cruz is by far my favorite city in Bolivia thus far, and Jodanga has a great, yet very chill and low key vibe to it. It seems that everyone goes to bed by 1030, as there isn´t much to do, but most seem to be having a good time.

The only real downside to this, other than being a quiet hostel is that for what you get, and comparing it with other hostels in Bolivia, this is WAY too expensive. Just to get an idea, Laundry is 18Bs, for a kg, with a minimum of 3kgs if you want your laundry done, INSANE.

I´m currently staying in a 6 bed dorm, with AC (I think, I havent seen it) and a fan that doesn´t work. I´m paying 75Bs a night, for no extra ammenities, which I´m not too pleased about.

The beds are ok, although very low to the ground, which sucks for whoever is on bottom, as it only allows you to lay down in your bed.

I´d recommend this hostel for three reasons, and three reasons only. 1. Apparently its the only hostel in Santa Cruz with dorms. 2. It´s quiet, which is always a nice change. 3. It´s in a really safe place of town and close to the beautiful Parque Urbano.

Check Santa Cruz Hotel Deals