Jin Jiang Tower Hotel

Jin Jiang Tower Hotel Rates and Deals

Jin Jiang Tower Hotel Shanghai Reviews

Chokk Chokk
Great hotel and remember to upgrade to executive floor Apr 04, 2013
I had been looking to stay in a good hotel and in a good area of Shanghai as well. It had been some years since I stayed there and then I stayed at near the water across of the Pearl Tower at the Bund. I therefore surfed some reviews and I found a great review of the Jin Jiang Tower Hotel on TripAdvisor.com, and it was from a British guy. That wrote what he would do if he was to stay there again.

He wrote about all the stuff that he missed out on because he had not done as his colleague that had stayed at the same hotel but arrived some hours later. Not buying an upgrade had ended up giving him a worse room and he also had to pay for all the services like Wi-Fi and so on. His recommendation was to ask for an executive upgrade as soon as you arrived at the hotel and with that in mind I booked a superior room at the that hotel, but going for an upgrade.

I had flown from Hanoi in the morning and I arrived in the middle of the afternoon in Shanghai Airport. I took the Maglev to Shanghai and entered the taxi crooks area of Shanghai with the cheaters and I took one of them to my hotel. I later found out that this one had charged me 4 times the normal, it was so much that he let me of in the street next to the hotel, he didn’t even drive me up to the entrance as he probably already was banded from their premises.

The hotel looked like a giant water tower and the reception hall was the largest I ever had seen. I had read that this was a Chinese chain and that not all from the staff could speak English but so what. I went to the reception and they found my booking. I immediately asked for an upgrade to the executive floor and the price was exactly what I had gotten in the review, around 40 Euro per night. I got the upgrade and I was given a room on the 22nd floor. I walked across the enormous hall towards the elevators.

As I opened the door to my room I could not see much of my room. The curtains were drawn but there was still light, instead it was doe to the fact that I only could see a small part of my at least 60 m2 hotel room. Just inside there was a suitcase room with the mini bar. After the small hall that was leading to the combined living room and bedroom, I was quite stunned. The room was enormous there were 8 huge windows that when I pulled the curtains away gave me fabulous view of this part of Shanghai.

There was a lounge area with a chair and a sofa and there was a huge desk from where I could work. There was a huge flat screen that could turn so it could be used in bed; it was so large that it could be used as a room splitter. There was a walk-in closet, and one of the largest bedrooms that I had seen in very long time. The bathroom had both a huge tub and a walking shower, with rain shower.

When you took the executive room, there was also access to the lounge in the top floor of the building. Up there you could have afternoon snacks, beers and drinks. The top floor also displayed a great view. The sad thing was that it was quite foggy the days I stayed there. The location was fabulous as there were loads of shopping possibilities in the neighborhood. There was also loads of bars and restaurants.
My view
The room
The view
Part of the bathroom
spocklogic says:
Nice room with good views! I like the big open concept too for a sense of space!
Posted on: Jun 02, 2013
Chokk says:
I was happy for the review that moved up in the hotel :)
Posted on: Jun 01, 2013
rsvpme says:
You scored well !
Posted on: Jun 01, 2013

Jin Jiang Tower Hotel Overview

Guests staying at the Jin Jiang Tower Hotel will be close enough to enjoy the Shanghai Grand Theater, Tomson Shanghai Golf Club, Century Park and the city center itself. Nearby dining includes the Red Hot and the New Tang Palace. Hotel amenities include a sauna, spa tub, game rooms, meeting rooms and wireless Internet access. The Jin Jiang Tower Hotel is approximately 20 miles from the Shanghai Pudong Airport and 15 miles from the Dongfang subway station. Guests can reach the hotel from the airport on the 6 Metro, which also extends into the city center.

The Jin Jiang Tower Hotel offers a variety of rooms, featuring 24 hour room service, Internet access, cable and satellite television, CD/DVD players, coffee makers, mini bars, full sized refrigerators and ice makers.

Conveniently located to the Waigaoqiao Free Trade Zone, the Jin Jiang Tower Hotel is close to numerous city attractions. This business class hotel contains several meeting rooms and other office facilities.

Jin Jiang Tower Hotel Amenities

• Fitness Facilities
  • Steam Room
  • Massage
  • Beauty Salon
  • Internet Connection (wireless)
  • Bathrobes