Jimbo's Sandbar

6200 N. Ocean Drive, Hollywood, FL, USA

Jimbo's Sandbar Hollywood Reviews

Chokk Chokk
Nice and calm Apr 17, 2011
I was at the end of the Collins Avenue which I had followed the whole way from Miami Beach when I saw a place that looked pleasant. I was looking for something common where I could sit down and relax now that my stay was coming to an end.

Jimbo's Sandbar was everything I looked for; it was situated next to the water; they had a bar, a kitchen and an outdoor service shaded from the sun. I decided to sit and eat in the bar; I was greeted by a friendly woman that quickly asked me for my preference in drinking. At this point I wanted a coke (2,95 $), because I was quite thirsty; it was there even before I had time to glance at the menu.

I ordered a Fisherman's Platter (22,95 $)and I had a free refill of my coke before the food arrived. The plate was wonderful even though all the service was in plastic. There were scallops, shrimps, some white fish and potatoes. The food tasted delicious. I decided to also have a Heineken beer (4,75$) with food and I was quite pleased with situation.

The bar was quite long and there were loads of tables around it. The place quickly became full while I was there. The atmosphere was really friendly and, I only saw waitresses serving. All the boats that passed the bar got a ring on the bar bell as a salute and most of them honked back.

One boat even came by and ordered while sailing by and returned 10 minutes later and picked it up without even stopping. They just threw the food to them.
Jimbo's Sandbar
Chokk says:
It was also kind of cool - not something you see every day :D
Posted on: Jul 13, 2011
RyanCorrea says:
Nice review...I liked the part of tossing the food to the boat :D
Posted on: Jul 13, 2011