Jim 'N Nick's BBQ restaurant

3130 Ronald Reagan Boulevard, Atlanta, GA, USA

Jim 'N Nick's BBQ restaurant Atlanta Reviews

AtlantaScottyV AtlantaS…
Feb 28, 2007
Now this is a place that knows what great southern BBQ is all about! As a connoisseur of grilled and barbequed meats, I have this oddity about me that I love to stop at restaurants and dives in small towns and alongside the highway that advertise great BBQ. I've had some that truly were great and some that well, for a lack of better words, didn't agree with me.

Jim n' Nicks (shortened to JNN going forward in this review) has some of the best smoked pork I've ever put in my mouth. Crispy and charred on the outside and juicy/tender on the inside with lots of that smokey flavor. Mmmm. Makes my mouth water just thinking about it!

I highly recommend any of the pulled pork entrees and sandwich. The baby back ribs and short ribs are both fantastic - fall off the bone tender. Brunswick Stew is filled with vegetables and chopped, smoked pork. They have a great house BBQ Sauce but if that's not hot enough for ya, then go for any of the additional bottled sauces available on every table. Order an appetizer of huge onion rings, a basket of their delicious cheese biscuits, or a bowl of that Brunswick Stew and you'll be off to a great start. And yes, no real BBQ establishment would be complete without sweetened tea - at least in the south. YUM. Oh, and don't forget great sides of crispy fried green tomatoes, well-seasoned collard greens, and hand-cut french fries.

Most of the JNN locations in Atlanta are "OTP" (see my blog on Atlanta terminology) so a car will be necessary to get to most of them. Brick and rough-cut timber walls, exposed beam ceilings and old signage on the walls helps create a warm, inviting atmosphere. Service is very attentive and without any attitude in typical southern style. If you want really good service, ask for Tammy or Dean at this particular location in Smyrna. And tell them that Scott from Home Depot's HQ sent you!

So if you've got a cravin' for some great BBQ and you're in Atlanta, pay a visit to any of the JNNs in the metro area. This Brimingham transplant is sure to please!

Check Atlanta Hotel Deals