Jetwing Vil Uyana

Jetwing Vil Uyana Rates and Deals

Jetwing Vil Uyana Sigiriya Reviews

shylla shylla
Sri Lankan Countryside Experience! Jul 27, 2012
Vil Uyana is not within town of Sigiriya, it is quite hidden in a countryside of this small town in the midst of rice paddies. I picked this hotel through the recommendation of a friend and also for its high reviews. From the photos we've seen, we really looked forward of going there and we were never disappointed :)

We were greeted by the staff with 3 kinds of welcome drinks and a quick tour around the facilities of the hotel including their own wine cellar. Our villa (paddy/marsh dwelling) is just close to the reception so we don't need to ride anymore. Our villa has it's own plunge pool that is lighted to set the mood and surrounded by high bushes for privacy, though, they have to beautifully arrange the bushes so it won't look like a mess, though perhaps what they are trying to achieve is to become authentic as possible :P

Our room is equipped with modern facilities, we have our own tub which we didn't use anymore coz of the plunge pool outside. The bathroom is quite big but we saw a small frog at the shower area! lol! I love our bed and there's a wifi connection inside!

We had our dinner and breakfast ala-carte and it was served 5-class standard...however, i didn't liked their smoothies, when I asked if they gave me the right one I ordered, they said yes and if I would like to replace it with something else, I just politely said no :)

On our last day, we saw a crocodile watching us from the pond beside the pool! Haha, so be extra careful, coz it's not just peacock and monkeys that are roaming around apparently :P
stabber911 stabber9…
Small luxury hotel resort: Jetwing Vil Uyana Mar 04, 2012
The second i arrived feel a bit disappointed because need to ride another golf cart to the reception. I was a bit lucky because I had a residence visa in Sri Lanka and was charge at a much better rate.

The site is in the middle of no where but as expected it is very private. I stayed in the forest dwelling with private out dopr pool. There are two stories comfortable room with most of the bath room below with spacy bath and shower.

All in all is as good as one can expected in Sri Lanka

Jetwing Vil Uyana Overview

Jetwing’s newest and most ambitious project located within 5km of the ‘8th Wonder of the World’-Sigiriya- is the creation of a truly ‘Lifestyle Hotel’.
With the challenge of introducing a wetland system on reclaimed agricultural lands within the Dry Zone, provides the unique backdrop for this exciting new property.
Drawing from the local, rural traditions, the buildings grow not out, but into the landscape. The ‘habitats’ naturalized by local flora and fauna will create the timelessness of a healthy ecosystem providing the setting for peace and tranquility. With the first man-made lakes since King Parakramabahu’s era in the 11th Century, this exciting feature allows for the first time in Sri Lanka rooms to be built over water.
5 acres of land will be used to re-grow paddy using traditional harvesting methods, providing a new and exciting feature, rooms within the paddy field, yet another first in Sri Lanka!
The transformation of the land into patches of forested areas will create the feeling of ultimate privacy and will feature the Forest Villas, the largest of the villas.
A haven for those who wish to escape from the norms of everyday life and for those nature lovers who wish to indulge in their hobbies whilst pampering themselves in luxurious comfort.
With rooms tastefully designed boasting space as its prime characteristic of luxury.
Dine in the privacy of your room or ‘under the stars’ or simply relax and pamper yourself at the Island Spa offering a range of treatments to choose from.
Whether it is the nature lover in you or the task of ‘finding yourself again’ treat yourself to an experience…come be part of the lifestyle!
25 Tastefully appointed Chalets set in 3 distinct ‘habitats’:
7 Water Villas 1030 Sq. Ft (Dining Deck 200 Sq. Ft).
8 Paddy Field Villas 1030 Sq. Ft (Dining Deck and Plunge Pools).
10 Forest Villas 2100 Sq. Ft (Dining Deck and swimming Pool ).
Spread Over 24 Acres of Land.
Guest would be provided with Cordless Phone with I.D.D facility and Umbrella & Torch.
Iron & Ironing Board ( on request ).

Jetwing Vil Uyana Amenities

• Desk
  • Facsimile
  • Fitness Facilities
  • Massage
  • Internet Connection (wireless)
  • Shower