Customer Care Team, Leeds, United Kingdom - +44 203 031 8103

Jet2 Leeds Reviews

jeminigirl jeminigi…
Cheap flights, that's about it Aug 22, 2011
This was my first experience of flying with Jet2 and, unfortunately, I am in no rush to fly with them again.

I have travelled with Easyjet on a number of occasions so am aware of how no frills flights work.

Why I chose Jet2

Wanting to travel to Prague for 3 nights, Jet2's flight options were our preferred travel times so we decided to give them a try. The two return flights cost us £86 each. After seeing the price for hold baggage (£25)) we decided to travel with hand luggage only. There was also an option of an inflight meal (£6)Jet2 also charge to check-in at the airport, so we opted to check in on line.

Boarding and take off

Boarding takes places 20 minutes before departure time, we did not depart on time either from Manchester or from our return journey from Prague. However, the pilot did make the time up in mid-air, though I know that this is not always possible. There also seemed to be a lot of time wasted with passengers trying to store their hand luggage in the overhead lockers, there did not seem to be any assistance from the cabin crew at all, until the pilot asked them how things were going.

Inside the aircraft

The seats are very uncomfortable, they are moulded plastic with a faux leather trim, secured in an upright position only. The armrest is of no use what so ever, due to its limpness. There is something that resembles a bent coat hanger attached to the back of the seat in front that is meant to be a cup holder, quite dangerous if you forget to push it back into place. On both flights the aircraft floor was littered with rubbish/wrappers/crumbs from a previous flight/flights. On the return journey there was even a piece of used chewing gum stuck to the fold down tray. The most alarming thing though that I came across was on the return flight home. I had the window seat, imagine my horror when half way through the flight I noticed that the window casing was actually coming away from the wall!!!

In-flight snacks

I know that these are expensive so tend to avoid them at all costs, however, on the return journey back I opted for a cup of tea and a Kit Kat, total £2.80, the tea was tepid.

Overall experience

I know that the flight was cheap, though Jet2 do have competition from other no frills flights. To be honest if Easyjet had flights to Prague I would have flown with them. Given the experience on the two flights I would only use Jet2 if there was no other option available. How on earth passengers fly to New York with them is beyond me. I hate to be so negative but I do think they need to make improvements, especially with regards to the on board cleanliness.
Hummingbird says:
Good review! We don't fly much, but this gives us valuable information. :)
Posted on: Aug 29, 2011
JoeriNL JoeriNL
Small no frills airline to the north of England and NYC. Nov 21, 2010
Jet2 is quite a small one among the no frills airlines, but does offer a transatlantic connection to New York using ther Boeing 757. I've flown with them twice, a few years ago to Manchester, and a few months ago to their homebase Leeds-Bradford airport. I like not having to go to some airport in the middle of nowhere before actually flying, and I wanted to visit the north of England so Jet2 was the logical choice. Prices are average, so is service on board. Room for the legs is really limited though. Not that this mattered a lot on a less than an hour flight. Due to the ashes from the Icelandic volcano I had to stay in Leeds for some extra days, but after contact with customer care I did get a full refund by Jet2. I did have to call several times, but never waited longer than 2 or 3 minutes to get to speak with someone from customer care which was definitely not bad.

Altogether an average no frills airline with a better customer care than the usual budgetairline.
Jet2 737 at Leeds-Bradford Airport.
Jet2's home: Leeds-Bradford Airpor…

Check Leeds Hotel Deals