Jep's Bungalow

Check Ko Samet Hotel Deals

Jep's Bungalow Ko Samet Reviews

ClaireV1987 ClaireV1…
This is what Thailand is all about! Apr 14, 2011
A group of friends (local Thais and foreigners) decided to head to Koh Samet for a weekend at the last minute. By the time we all left Bangkok and got to where the ferry departed it was nearly dusk. We didn't want to miss out but the last ferry had already gone so we paid for a speedboat to take us to the island which was only about 100 baht each because there were so many of us. N.B. To enter a national park as a foreigner you need to pay an entry fee but because we were all students we didn't have to.

So we arrive at the island in the evening and end up getting dropped on the beach in thigh-deep water. We looked up to see all the people dining in restaurants looking at us like we were illegal immigrants!!!

We didn't have any accommodation booked but just walked into a few places. Jep's was by far the best deal we found.

It's location was fantastic, far enough to be away from the noise but close enough to get to the bars.

I shared a 3 person room with two friends and we paid the extra for a/c (I wasn't backpacking, I was studying in Bangkok so could afford it).

I loved the little verandahs and the place was very spacious.

Two minor drawbacks would be that its a little to find other rooms (or your own if you've been drinking!) and it's on a bit of a hill but, hey, you get a workout going to your room and back!

I would stay here again easily, this is what Thailand is all about!
momiji momiji
Good food with a huge room Sep 09, 2008
Only 3 hours away from Bangkok by bus and the ferry and there you are! You're on an island called Koh Samet!

Very small island but relaxing.

There are so many beaches on Koh Samet and of coursre lots of guesthouses. I stayed on Ao Phai beach. There are a few guesthouses on this beach.

Jap's bungalow is pretty popular and quite crowded even on weekedays. Though the room is really cean, the bed is king size, and the bathroom is very big.

The price is depends on the room and the season. When I went there, they had 50 % off for some rooms. Not mine, I guess..

My room was one king size bed with a fan and a big bathroom. It was 500 baht so it'll be 250 each if you have someone to share.

300 for shared bathroom. AC room was over 800 baht.

I recommend this place bungalow.

Jep's Bungalow ;

- king size bed

- A tiny TV

- Your choice of fan or AC

- Restaurant open til midnight and the food is very good. They have so many different types of food.

- Buffet breakfast ; 195 baht

- Internet ; 2 baht per minute (very expensive, not recommend unless you really need it)

- When it rains, frogs are really annoying but they won't bother you if you are in the room

- Stuff is helpful and pretty friendly

- Towels, toilet paper, 1 shampoo, 1 soap, 2 glasses are inculded

- All room has their own deck
Jep's Bungalow
Outside restaurant
Inside of the room
apetchell says:
Im going to Koh samet at the end of my trip in march :)
Posted on: Nov 04, 2008
yanster yanster
all good, lovely little restaurents very close. Nov 05, 2008
Lovely island, lovely place to stay, not to be missed.

Check Ko Samet Hotel Deals