Jen's Country Break

(07) 4787 7147

Jen's Country Break Charters Towers Reviews

YuKai YuKai
Home Style Cooking Jun 06, 2009
This place tries a bit too hard to seem country, when it is geared towards catering to the general tourist influx that Charters Towers must receive. It's very homely and friendly atmosphere gives way to your plastic table covers and gossip magazines lining the walls, to a range of potential lunches and breakfasts available. It kind of feels like you're having a meal in your auntie's kitchen.

I arrived for breakfast, so ordered the spaghetti on toast. I can't say they didn't serve what was promised, but I can't help but feel that they simply opened a can of spaghetti and dumped it on some bread out of the toaster. Nevertheless it did take about 15 minutes to get to me, which is something I didn't quite get. Regardless it did hit the spot just nicely and I can't complain with the food itself at all.

The staff were quiet but friendly, and gave me a good wave goodbye when I left, and I felt like I was blending in quite nicely while sitting there eating my meal.

As far as cheap breakfasts or lunches go, this place is sure to fill you up on your way through the Towers.

The place is open til 1:00pm on Saturdays, where a typical meal will cost you around $20 for two people including drinks.

Check Charters Towers Hotel Deals