Impasse de la Fidélité, Brussels, Belgium
Jeanneke Pis - Jeanneke Pis

Jeanneke Pis Brussels Reviews

aleksandra11 aleksand…
Less known than the peeing boy. Aug 04, 2011
Jeanneke Pis or peeing girl is less know little sculpture. Took us some time to find it. Got some help from locals who guided us to the place. I doubt we would have found it by our-self. It's well hidden, and behind the bars. I read somewhere that not all the local people like the statue and you never see tourists flowing there to take a picture.
aleksandra11 says:
Yea, my friend lives near Antwerp, in Olmen. Had wonderful time there.
Posted on: Nov 27, 2011
FunnyDude says:
Haha I didn't know you took the time to do stuff when you were in Brussels (and didn't know or forgot you went to Antwerp too).
Posted on: Nov 27, 2011
Chokk Chokk
Typical Belgian May 09, 2009
This is a typical Belgian kind of joke; it is the sister statue of Menneken Pis. It was made by Denis-Adrien Debouvrie back in 1985 and erected in 1987. This half-metre-high statue of blue-grey limestone depicts a little girl with her hair in short pigtails, squatting and urinating, apparently very contentedly.

The statue is located on the east side of the Impasse de la Fidélité , which a narrow cul-de-sac some 30 metres long leading northwards off the restaurant-packed Rue des Bouchers. If you manage to find this little statue you have also found one of the really great bars of Brussels centre; Delirium Tremens

The peeing girl is much less well known than its male counterpart, being a new addition instead of a centuries-old symbol of the city.
Chokk says:
Ha-ha - I tried my best but I still get new stuff when I am down. There are so many hidden treasures
Posted on: May 24, 2011
cavlizzy says:
This is news to me.. I missed this one. But you don't seem to miss a thing! LOL
Posted on: May 24, 2011

Related Travel Blogs About Jeanneke Pis

The 3rd day: taking the train to Brussels
Brussels is famous about their chocolats and Manneken Pis. But did you know that Brussels also has Jeanneke Pis? Jeanneke is Manneken Pis' sister. You will find Jeanneke in a small lane near the famo…Pis. But did you know that Brussels also has Jeanneke Pis? Jeanneke is Manneken Pis' sister. You will find Jeanneke
Brussels/Bruxelles/Brussel - Capital city of Belgium
Brussels (French: Bruxelles, Dutch: Brussel), officially the Brussels Capital-Region, is the capital city of the European Union (EU) and the largest urban area in Belgium. It should not be confused w…Jeanneke Pis is a modern fountain and statue in Brussels , which forms a counterpoint in gender terms to the city…

Check Brussels Hotel Deals