Jean-Pierre Bakery

601 Main Ave. Durango, Durango, CO, USA
Jean-Pierre Bakery - View from our table.
Jean-Pierre Bakery - The bar room...great piano!
Jean-Pierre Bakery - The front room.
Jean-Pierre Bakery - Saturday Afternoon.
Jean-Pierre Bakery - The French French Baker's baked goods! Amazing pastries and deserts!

Jean-Pierre Bakery Durango Reviews

Gabby27 Gabby27
The French French Bakery Mar 20, 2010
It's been an idyllic Saturday afternoon. The sun rose to expose a crisp blue sky contrasting a thin fresh blanket of snow over the mountain side. We drove to Durango to find some lunch and we weren't disappointed when this French Bakery we eyed up a couple of days ago was actually open. When you walk in an old parisian attitude knocks you in the face with the dark and varied woods: from the floors, to the tables, to the beamed ceiling, this place oozes delicious atmosphere from every crevice. We sat in a room adjacent to the bakery but could still see the fresh daily breads sitting in baskets waiting to be taken home for dinner. Menu items varied in price averaging about $14. My boyfriend and I both ordered the lunch special which comes with a sandwich or quiche, and a soup or salad. He got the french dip with french onion soup and I ordered the veggie sandwich and also the french onion soup. The French Dip had a great flavor to the au jus and the bread was the perfect toughness to withstand the dip. The roast beef, also tasty! My veggie sandwich was served warm with on a croissant and a healthy glob of my favorite...goat cheese. Mushrooms, red and yellow peppers, black olives (just a few), and onions were cooked in a light but flavorful sauce and the party began. This sandwich was healthy, packed with flavor, and was the perfect size. The french onion soup was not the best I ever had. The broth was a little light for my taste and there was a bit too much cheese (though it was great cheese). Two pieces of bread (thin narrow slices) were placed on top, one seasoned with goodies that went really nicely with the broth. A good soup, but not my favorite on that variety. Desert was next (came with the lunch special) and we were presented with a tray of amazing treats that were both pretty on the eyes and fun to eat! Jason ordered the blackberry tart and I got the cream puff. We both got coffee and the indulgence began. The tart was light with a thing layer of marzipan beneath the crust. The blackberries were fresh and the whole thing was drizzled lightly with a chocolate sauce. The bread used for the cream puff was a little too tough and took a minute to break up...although the consistency was perfect once the cream started to soak in. Chocolate sauce and powdered sugar to top it off. Service was definitely satisfactory. Our waiter made sure we had what we needed and that our plates were happy. His timing was also good. All in all a great experience. This place is a great date place!
The French French Baker's baked go…
The bar room...great piano!
View from our table.