Jazz Cafe Club

2, San Jose, Costa Rica

Jazz Cafe Club San Jose Reviews

Higton Higton
Jan 17, 2007
Jazz CaféSo what better to do after an hour and a half treading on womens' toes than visit a bar? I've seen this place a number of times and finally walked through it doors - and a very good decision it was. As per the name, jazz is played... nice! (non-English can get the cultural reference here). Unlike in the Fast Show, it doesn't seem to be appalling. Admitted, I went quite early, so the musicians were limbering up, but it sounded great. However, the place has live music all week including other genres. It seems that ropey tribute bands have even made it to Central America...The interior is as you would expect, black, chocolate and deep red predominate as a colour scheme. The staff seem really friendly; I was chatting to one bar man who decided that because I've been here 6 months I am now an horoury Tico. Now, relative to my local, the place is expensive. UKP1 for a bottle of Bavaria (Imperial is shunned here) and the bocas were about UKP3 a go - a lot for around here. But it has a great atmosphere, even when empty. I'm looking forward to going back of a weekend. Grrrrrreat!
lizzo100 says:
maybe we will give this place a go, sounds cool!
Posted on: Feb 02, 2007